Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JSR 3 - 9 x 40 Mil Dot

JSR 3 - 9 x 40 Mil Dot

JSR 3 - 9 x 40 Mil Dot

I purchased one of these recently as a spare scope and, as such, I didn't want to spend too much money.

From JSR's ad, these looked to be very similar to the AGS Sapphire - which I've always liked as a low cost scope. OK, so the mil dots have a strange spacing, but the optics are nice and clear and they seem well built for the money.

Sure enough, in the flesh, the JSR offering indeed turned out to be the same scope. The JSR is branded "Leapers" but apart from that is identical to the AGS model having the same flip up lens covers, the same lock down turrets and is similarly factory parallaxed at 35 yards.

So there you have it: The same as the AGS Sapphire but for half the price. At £27.95 an absolute bargain.

Well done JSR!

That is a Bargain price from JSR

I use to have the AGS saphire mildot on my old Rapid and to be honest I only intended to use it as a temporary scope until I saved some some readies for a bushnell or equivalant, but it ended up staying there

I was very surprised how well it performed at dusk levels I remember being out with my shooting buddy who had a bushnell legend fitted to his rifle and looking through both scopes there really wasn't that much difference on brightness the AGS held up pretty well considering the price difference, ok It's never going to be as crystal sharp as the bushnell and the mildots can wash out occasionaly but it really did surprise me for a budget esq scope how good it actualy was.

That sub £30 Leapers/JSR/AGS scope may have swayed me to actualy buy something cheaper for my new rifle and save some pennies to buy some extra goodies Hmmm food for thought

just ordered me one use to have an ags one before and missed it ever since
    wanted s410k in .177 same as in my sig
    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...m/DSC_0139.jpg

With manufacturing techniques improving, cheaper scopes these days are very good. I'm immensely impressed with my Sportsman and it does a great job during 95% of hunting scenarios.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

well guys recieved mine today and to my suprize i was in a ags sapphire box mmmmmmm open the box and there was a ags sapphire not a leapers brand bargain especially as i still have the old reciept for my old one so now this one has unlimited warrenty

sitsinhedges Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    well guys recieved mine today and to my suprize i was in a ags sapphire box mmmmmmm open the box and there was a ags sapphire not a leapers brand bargain especially as i still have the old reciept for my old one so now this one has unlimited warrenty
    Got mine today too, only ordered it yesterday afternoon.

Unfortunately Royal Mail caught me on the toilet so I had to chase the van down the street once I'd tidied meself up

Brill scope for the money though

is yours branded ags m8

sitsinhedges Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    is yours branded ags m8
    YUP!

Just received one today - outrageous bargain! Leapers branded, incredible price, and great service from JSR. Well constructed, optically clear, smooth zoom, flip-up covers. I still can't believe how good this is for less than 30 quid delivered!

JSR/Leapers 3-9x40 Scope

I ordered one of these this afternoon as a put on an old Daystate LR90, Just to use until I can afford something better.

But from what you lads have said, I don't think I will need anything else

I can't wait for it to arrive now

Rick.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

Let us know what you think when it arrives Rick. I think mine will stay on my HW80 rather than act as a stop-gap until I got something 'better'.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbear View Post
    Let us know what you think when it arrives Rick. I think mine will stay on my HW80 rather than act as a stop-gap until I got something 'better'.
    It arrived at 7.45 this morning (Only ordered at 2.00pm yesterday afternoon) Its badged as a Leapers, it was well packaged as all JSR products are and looks the business

Everything in there but the wrong sized allen key for the turrets Still,
    I have loads of spare ones from the many sets of Scope Mounts I seem to have bought recently

It may well be going onto the ProSport and the Nikko Sterling Airking 4-12x42 may find its way onto the LR90.

Time will tell

Rick

jsr scope

Looks like I will be getting a jsr scope reading the write ups,think I will go for the 3-9x50 and its another cheap scope.Will let everyone know what its like when I get it

Quote Originally Posted by les-goose View Post
    Looks like I will be getting a jsr scope reading the write ups,think I will go for the 3-9x50 and its another cheap scope.Will let everyone know what its like when I get it
    Looking at the turrets, the 3-9x50 looks like a Hawke Reflex.

If it is you will not be disapointed.

I've just ordered one of these myself. Will post my thoughts on it when it arrives.

Ian