Thread: Open Sights for a FWB 127 mk1. WANTED.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

Question Open Sights for a FWB 127 mk1. WANTED.

Would any members have a set of open sights for my recently aquired Feinwerkbau 127 mk1 that they have for sale or swap. Or know where these are available.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

YHPM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I have one of the after-market type front sights that fits by adding a horizontal small groove at the end of your barrel to accommodate the thin securing cotter pin that secures this type of sight that you can have for £25 posted if any good to you (these were usually fitted where barrels had been shortened/carbined, and the original tram line grooves removed ). Thoughts, either way would be good please matey and yhpm . Atb: G.

Edit. sight in question now advertised here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339328 .
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 15-01-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: to ad advert link.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I have one of the after-market type front sights that fits by adding a horizontal small groove at the end of your barrel to accommodate the thin securing cotter pin that secures this type of sight that you can have for £25 secure posted if any good to you (these were usually fitted where barrels had been shortened/carbined and the original tram line grooves removed ). Thoughts either way would be good please matey and yhpm . Atb: G.
    Once again I have the greatest of pleasures in correcting you Gareth.

For your info the fore sight that you have may be an original FWB Sports one. Its the type that completely surrounds the barrel (i.e. Webley Vulcan) and is held in place with a cross bolt/pin. There is a corresponding groove in the barrel to facilitate this.
    RAYGUN and I both have FWB Sports which are standard from the factory, no barrel shortening and standard length and both these rifles have the foresight units mentioned above. Ive also seen it (rarely) on other 'Sports including the one in the 'Airguns On Test' annual 1980 page 40 (See here)

As you say E.D.A.S.D.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    For your info the fore sight that you have may be an original FWB Sports one. Its the type that completely surrounds the barrel (i.e. Webley Vulcan) and is held in place with a cross bolt/pin. There is a corresponding groove in the barrel to facilitate this.
    Thanks Ian, saved me the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks Ian, saved me the trouble.
    I know. Lets BOTH pick on him.

ATB
    Ian

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I know. Lets BOTH pick on him.

ATB
    Ian
    Bullies ... Ha ha ... You know I thought it was a std item but when offered it to another BBS member before Christmas was told it was an after-market item so bowed to his assumed superior knowledge (didn't I John ) ... Is exactly the same as the one in your link Ian (cheers) ... Good Guy Grayling is now sorted c/o his I. J.-ness, but the fact still remains that the open sight in question is very much surplus to my requirements so anyone want it for £25 posted ? ... E.D.A.S.D. indeed Ian my good friend . Hee hee. Atb: G.

Edit. sight in question now advertised here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339328 .
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 15-01-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: to ad advert link.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

rear sight only £17 posted