Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most popular classic?

For me it has to be the pre-WWII BSA underlever air rifles. Starting with the BSA Air Rifles and H The Lincolns of 1904/5 , through Improved Model B's and D's , and the later Standards and Club Standards right the way up to the A,T and C patterns which finally stopped production in 1940. One of the most influential air rifle designs of all time.

Lakey

well
    i like my mk3 webley bestest but then i like my hw35 but then there's the original 45 but, but

you could go on all day....why bother

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    Hi,
    I was just musing as too which airgun could be considered the most popular in the classics section? The BSA Airsporter always seems to get a mention but what about the mercury etc-would this be decided by desirability and or value?
    Your thoughts would be appreciated if only to satisfy my curiosity! Do Jackals count?

Of course they do , well to me anyway

I've now got myself a AA Camargue with LH Stock. now they are more sought after than the military ABS stock versions. I think I'm getting more refined now as now I've got three wood stock versions now.

Going back though the Airsporter was the 'rage' with my mates still wouldn't swop one for a Jackal.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Most popular classic?

Hi All,
    I would have to say the Webley Mark 3, mine has been passed down from my old man, who bought it second hand in the late eighties, where it had been used in the local bell target leagues.I remember borrowing it as a kid and going shooting cans with my mates, then faithfully polishing it and putting it back in it's case.Then my younger brother 'borrowed' it when I left home to find my way in life, and decided to use it as a club to finish off a duck he had shot at, splitting the stock, under the pistol grip!I could have committed murder when I found out, both for the poor duck's cruel demise and the treatment of the MK3! Thankfully she now resides with me and has a new brass bolt to hold her together a brand new rearsight and lashings of TLC and I've vowed to her that my brother's demonic mitts will never touch her again!

Cheers Griff

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    There will never be a concencus, never ever!
    Personally, I wouldn't swap my Webley MKIII for any other airgun and I'd only part with it if a demented lottery winner offered me pots of cash.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't swap my Webley MKIII for any other airgun and I'd only part with it if a demented lottery winner offered me pots of cash.
    Even then I reckon you'd still want to keep the PH16M.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Even then I reckon you'd still want to keep the PH16M.
    I'd have to keep it to put on the mint .177 MKIII I'd try to buy with the ill gotten gains!

Probably have to wait nearly as long for that to turn up as I did the PH16M!
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
    HW35 stil going after 30 years and doing the job well
    i thought the HW35 was 50 years old in design ?

i have a HW35 KLS limited edition and love it
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    well- i think i'm demented and i got a tenner for three numbers this week but the head gasket on my beemer has gone and blown so i think i'm going to have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it

here's my baby in the baby bore (number one bore that is)

>>>.177 mk3 webley<<<

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/