Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original 45 - How Good?

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Talking shocked!

not sure if its pride or arrogance or a bit of both ,i just cant believe that there are still a few unfortunates not in possesion of an fwb or orig 45 or better still both "o well they still have the pleasure of ownership to come"
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Trigger Adjustment?

For some reason I have two (old style) 45's, an Original and an RWS branded one. I don't have a manual and I haven't yet figured out how to adjust the trigger on the RWS branded one to my liking. Any tips, pics, etc?
    Thanks!
    Nick

From beautiful ruralburbian Philomath
    anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

I've still got my Mod 45 .22 which I bought new in 1987 for I think the princely sum of £64 or was that the Mod 50 which I didn't have enough money for at the time.... anyway I digress, It's had one new washer in all the time I've owned it and it's still going strong.

I will one day have it fitted with a Vmach kit to smooth it out.

Do not fit it with a ox spring as this will make the rifle unmanageble, a badly tune 45 is a beast to be recon'd with as they kick like mule and if you can hit a barn door at 30 paces you'd be doing very well. If you want a better break barrel rifle go buy a HW80

Leave well alone they're a great rifle, I've shot hundreds of rats & rabbits with one, also missed about the same as well.
    Too many air guns to list but to count them all I need to take my shoes & socks off as well
    BASC Member

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I've still got my Mod 45 .22 which I bought new in 1987 for I think the princely sum of £64 or was that the Mod 50 which I didn't have enough money for at the time....

I bought mine in 1980, it cost £45 brand new, what a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    hello neil

here's a pic of my original mod45, it too had a really yellow/orange bland looking stock
    i bought a stock re-finishing kit from a chap on here known simply as william, it cost around £21 from memory and is fantastic with everything you need + instructions

>>>re-finished mod45<<<

>>>closer<<<
    these are superb quality rifles and your mate is a twerp

regards, john
    Hi John

Did you use any stain etc on the stock , nice finish btw .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Hi John

Did you use any stain etc on the stock , nice finish btw .

atvb

Dave

sorry dave, i didn't see your question (better late than never though)

yes i used the stain that came with the excellent stock re-finishing kit that i bought from william (on this forum!)

regards, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

How do you adjust the trigger , mine is "hair trigger"at best and has already holed a kitchen unit door.

OMG........

This is a blast from the past.
    Mod 45 was the first gun I ever bought.
    Trouble was, I was only 12 yrs old and didnt appreciate what I had, therefore, didnt look after it that well and thenn lent it tosomeone who let their dogt chew the stock in half.
    As I recall, I had non problem taking rats and roosting woodies.
    Please let me know how you get on, and if possible, any chance of some pics for memorabilia?
    #
    quando le catapulte sono messe fuorilegge solo i fuorilegge avranno le catapulte.
    When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Larkin View Post
    This is a blast from the past.
    the thread or the gun?

The 45 is a great gun, Originals allways had the accuracey but wernt powerful. Mines an early one in .22, on the advice of BTDT the leather washer was replaced and using Umarex domes its way more accurate than myslef. Its fitted with a period Orginal 4x40 and is a delight to use. Its a big old gun and granted the stock isnt the most beutiful , but hey I shoot my guns, not hang them on a wall . So if you want one of the best but underated guns of the 80,s get a 45 , you wont be dissapointed.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

underated

my opinion on this fine piece of german engineering is that in maintained condition its as good as any spring gun with
    miner disadvantages to the build and use of the owner ,i use an fwb124 as my first choice in vermin control and when
    this was laid up for a rebuild i borrowed one as a stand in and ended up buying it as a second .
    the length and weight make it more suitable for open ground work,the trigger is reasonably good ;the build quality is
    great for the heavy duty stuff unlike the 124 which can be damaged if as in my case,when you tumble down a drainage ditch
    on top of it and bend the barrel!. for rats and enclosed areas i have an hw35 and hw77 .
    i like the pcp rifles but as i see commonly owners get browned off with the expense and paraphernalia of them,
    pellets and gun and your away shooting,the single shot side of things is a relatively small drawback as
    i find that most alert quarry are off after the tumble of the first target,i carry a slide mag of pellets velcroed to
    the rifle so with a swift and practised reload im ready for another shot in 3/4 seconds.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,