Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot

@ Pepperdog: dude, that's a seriously impressive collection of rifles
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

I've just bought one of these, partly on the strength of this review. First impression: wow

Can anyone explain the AO ring markings to me.

The ranges seem to be marked at three different levels, these align with the markings Y M Y

Also there are two markings for 100

??

Edit Yards Metres Yards Doh

Regarding the brightness, Bushnell themselves quote 91% light transmission for the Legend and 90% for the 3200.

Reviving the thread!!! Just bought one for £125 from uttings. Never had a legend before but had a BUSHNELL banner years ago and can remember superb optics! Sounds like this one will do the job when it arrives.
    BSA JB Superten carbine MK2 action in MK3 stock done in realtree hardwoods by hydrographics.
    BSA Ultra CLX first edition SN181

Quote Originally Posted by roster11 View Post
    Reviving the thread!!! Just bought one for £125 from uttings. ......
    be interested in your thoughts when it arrives

made where...?

john
    Air Arms TX200HC .177, Hawke AIRMAX 3-9x40 AO
    Air Arms S400F carbine .177, Hawke AIRMAX 4-12x40 AO

Quote Originally Posted by Yardbent View Post
    be interested in your thoughts when it arrives

made where...?

john

Me too.

I have two of them from five years back, got them off here secondhand for £130 so Utting's price is a steal if they're of the same quality.
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

got one on my old BSA CF HORNET dose the job ,i would have got a bigger scope but could not find higher mounts but happy with the legend
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

sitsinhedges Guest
    Do they have parallax adjustment

The reason for the price reduction is apparently because this version is due to be discontinued and certain dealers have bought up the entire stock remaining at the distributors. There is no guarantee that the 'replacement' will be better although you can bet that it will cost more!!
    The Legend 5-15x40 mildot for £125 new is a fantastic bargain and if I needed one I'd deal without hesitation.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

They are the bargain to be had at the mo. Mine came from BAR a couple of weeks ago. Has already seen action on a rapid. Optics close enough to trophy spec if not as good.I would have bought two, but I'm terribly over scoped at the mo.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by sitsinhedges View Post
    Do they have parallax adjustment
    Yes front Adjustable Objective.

Currently imo the best brand new off the shelf scope out there for the money.

Bushnell 5 - 15 x 40

Just purchaced this from uttings as I thought for a Bushnell scope this was a fantastic price. Got it today and had a look through it, amazing picture.
    This is going on top of my winchester 223 WSSM powder burner.

It will be a good addition to a very fine rifle.

I've got two. Says it all I reckon.

The ret is a bit thicker than what i`m used to but other than that its crystal clear and good in low light.

I paid £130 delivered from bar, i bet those suckers who paid £300 3 months ago are sick