Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 20yd/25yd benchrest

benchrest

It looks as though we have 4 clubs and so possibly 7 teams from this thread who wish to enter this postal

If there are any other clubs interested, please post on here and then pm me
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

Benchrest

Hi
    Paul Lane Rifle and pistol Club are interested in Shooting this competition.
    Regards John F.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Buxted will put in 4 teams of three but what about reserves and do all three team members cards count/needed each month.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

reserves

Hi Andy
    Reserves are allowed but they would need to establish an average which would need to be submitted with the round score cards

There will be 3 shooters in each team and all 3 scores count

Each round would consist of 20 shots and 1 round needs to be shot every 2 weeks. However there will be no first date for each round so a shooter can shoot well ahead if he wishes.
    I will issue each team a link to the rules but I have covered most already in an early post.
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

John I have probably missed it but are bipods allowed or not as they are in UKBR22.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

bipods

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    John I have probably missed it but are bipods allowed or not as they are in UKBR22.

Andy
    Hi Andy
    As we are going along with the the UKBR22 rules regarding benchrests, then yes they are allowed

I have never shot a rimfire using a bipod Is it better than a sandbag or does it affect the recoil and hence accuracy ?

I normally use an air rifle (AA400) for benchrest but in this years Eley competition (Round 2)I tried a rimfire using just a flat hard front rest (NSRA Rules) The Anschutz 1407 rimfire went clean ex 400 which I was very pleased with.
    I tried the AA400 out of interest using just the hard flat front rest and dropped 10 points ex 400. So there is no doubt in my mind that rimfire even indoors has the edge but air rifle is more of a challenge and a lot of fun once you have found a compatable pellet.
    I also think that the air rifle can get nearer to rimfire scores using the better rests allowed by UKBR22 rules rather than with just a hard flat front rest that the NSRA allow (but I am not sure why)
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

John if you look at UKBR22 scores some of the better air rifle ones are shot off a bipod. I shoot both air and rimfire(badly) off a normal rest.

Although the coaxial one we are building is almost finished.

Just tried it a few minutes ago down the range and it was fantastic. Just hope my shooting can be as smooth as it.

Andy

Latest update

The Midland league winter benchrest competition is to go ahead and shooting will commence in September

The printer has been advised to print off the targets

I will now send a copy of the application form, the rules and the information regarding purchase of targets to those BBS members who requested them

Following receipt of entry fee and completed applications, I will send out the score cards and stickers for the cards with shooting dates
    The competition is over 10 rounds

For anyone else who wishes to shoot in this league(teams of 3), please e-mail me for info
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

I look forward to this comp, John. It will be a great season. Thanks for organising it.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 03-07-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Getting myself organasised...

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    I also, like you, am confused by the UK22BR rule of guaging to calibre
    and I look forward to any review and revision of the current rules

ATB
    John

I beleive that UK22BR are planning to guage .177 calibre as .22

Colin.

Thanks for the attachment John will be ordering the targets soon, I take it the entry forms electronically and the money in the post for the entry fees will suffice.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Thanks for the attachment John will be ordering the targets soon, I take it the entry forms electronically and the money in the post for the entry fees will suffice.

Andy
    Hi Andy
    Yes thats fine
    Please see my next post re score cards
    ATBest john
    hold me back !!

score card system

All targets will be scored by the clubs nominated scorer and retained until 1 month after the competition is completed. This is so that any anomalies can be checked if necessary

Because quite a number of club secretaries now have computer access, then I will send out a template/score card (in excel) that can be saved by the club and submitted after each round with the shooters scores.
    This will save a bit on postage and the need for sending me SAE's for results

I will obviously send hard copies of the score cards/results to those clubs that prefer not to use e-mail

ATB
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 17-07-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: score card info added
    hold me back !!

entries

Entries are now being received. Thanks to those clubs who have responded so far.
    If any other clubs would like an entry form please get in touch

There is no affiliation fee to the Midland league, just the team entry cost of £12.50 / team of 3 shooters.

John
    hold me back !!

Re scoring are we using a standard/same guage or will we just be accepting that any .22 plug will be acceptable?

If we are saying all must use the same perhaps a link to a supplier of said guage would be helpful.

Andy