Thread: .32

HI.just bought a second hand .32 kentucky rifle. anybody now what the max load of black-powder or 777 is for these.any info greatfully recived.

Dear Mr Tall - you don't say if your new rifle is percussion or flint.

If it is a flinter, then around 35gr of FFFGg will be a good way to a start - go lower and work up. This can also be used for priming, of course.

This for Black Powder only. You cannot use a substitute in a flinter with any degree of success - even the priming pan must be charged with real BP - not a substitute.

If your rifle is a percussion, then around 10% less of the same of the same charge - working up your best accuracy.

Any of the usual BP subs, Cleanbore, 777 or Pyrodex, are measured by volume, not weight, but approximate to about 80% of the usual BP load - so your load should be around 28gr of the substitute.

Make sure you are using HOT caps.

I assume you know all about patching and so on?

tac

HI TAC.thanks for the info.the rifle is a PEDERSOLI PERCUSSION.being second hand it needs a few bits ,but over all is in good nick.my mold has not come yet so i have anything to shoot out of it yet anway.as for shooting BP rifles,i already shoot a .45 hawkin which is great.i use REM no 11 caps and never had any trouble.Thanks again for the info.TREVOR.