Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MTC Mamba & Viper

Head position

I've found that the addition of a Bisley scope maximiser helps concentrate consistent head positioning, well worth a try.

Looking at ordering one of the mambas with a 4a can anyone tell me when u illuminate it do all of the fine cross hairs light or just a little cross in the middle I can't seem to find a pic of it anywhere showing it lit. Help!!

Ta

just the middle

Cheers Gary
    So you see a lit cross or a dot?
    Off to see my rfd shortly to collect my rifle so he should be in touch about a mamba (hardys gunsmiths) Sheffield.
    Ta

Cheers Gary
    So you see a lit cross or a dot?
    Off to see my rfd shortly to collect my rifle so he should be in touch about a mamba (hardys gunsmiths) Sheffield.
    Ta

I've got an MTC Viper 10x44 mil-dot on my HW100 & it's an excellent bit of kit. reasonably priced too. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a decent scope at a sensible price.

You like Viper's wait til you see the Taipan >>>> http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22975043

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

4a ret

I have a 1.5-6x42 Mamba on my TX200 and I love it - the 4a ret is great. It's basically a floating centre dot sat in the middle of cross hairs, with a small gap between the lines of the cross hairs and the dot itself, which gives you a really clear view of what you're actually aiming at.

In answer to an earlier post, it is just the centre dot that illuminates, which is perfect, as that's all you need and far less distracting.

I very recently bought a WTC 1.5-5x20 as I thought it would improve the balance slightly (not that it's a major issue), and had heard great things about them for such a compact scope. Whilst it is a great little scope, the ret on the Mamba is simply loads better in my opinion, and so it's staying on the TX.

I have been hankering after a Mamba 1-4x24 as a more compact scope with the 4a ret, I had emailed MTC (Sammie replied really quickly and was really friendly - why can't more places be like that?), but unfortunately there are none about and it's unknown if anymore will be coming....

In summary, if you're after a simple, clear ret the 4a is brilliant, and the MTC optics are fantastic.

Cheers,

Tim