Thread: diana series70 mod 77

diana series70 mod 77

hi all got one of these in its a little sad with knackered breech seal and ammo jammed in the barrel but seems to cock and release ok.
    Overall condition is not bad considering its 'as found' in it's leather gunbag
    Barrel has lots of small clamp marks where some numpty has tried to get it unjammed and stock has some stain missing but seems ok otherwise.
    Any valuation on these please?
    Have taken some pics if anyone is interested
    Longbow .22 , S410k .22.BSA Airsporter .22

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Probably around the £25 posted mark give or take going by description. If in vgc however, would be worth upwards of £50 plus post . Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Probably around the £25 posted mark give or take going by description. If in vgc however, would be worth upwards of £50 plus post . Hope this helps. Atb: G.
    Thanks Gareth i have been given it by the owner but not sure if he wants it repaired and returned or not so far.
    I was thinking of stripping the barrel off and putting it in the oven to melt the lead then buy a new breech seal and try firing it before i spend to much money on it.What do you think.
    Regards Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by remorem2jh@supanet.com View Post
    Thanks Gareth i have been given it by the owner but not sure if he wants it repaired and returned or not so far.
    I was thinking of stripping the barrel off and putting it in the oven to melt the lead then buy a new breech seal and try firing it before i spend to much money on it. What do you think.
    Regards Jamie.
    Hi Jamie,

Yep, have done that with a barrel myself in the past ... Doesn't have to get so hot so as to melt the lead though, just enough to make it malleable (too hot may distort the barrel if not the best quality ).

BSA Meteor breech seal will fit iirc, and a couple of well applied spray coats of black smoothrite to the metal work, and a rub and sand and stain to the wood will result in a nice looking rifle for little outlay .

If you go this face-lift route however, photos posted here once done would be good too please, as many in this sec (inc. me), are as interested in budget tart-ups as full blown restos . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Jamie,

Yep, have done that with a barrel myself in the past ... Doesn't have to get so hot so as to melt the lead though, just enough to make it malleable (too hot may distort the barrel if not the best quality ).

BSA Meteor breech seal will fit iirc, and a couple of well applied spray coats of black smoothrite to the metal work, and a rub and sand and stain to the wood will result in a nice looking rifle for little outlay .

If you go this face-lift route however, photos posted here once done would be good too please, as many in this sec (inc. me), are as interested in budget tart-ups as full blown restos . Atb: G.
    Thanks Gareth
    Are we Allowed to post pic's here??????????

Thanks Gareth
    Are we Allowed to post pic's here??????????
    ... Don't have the automatic attachment feature here as in sales, but nowt to stop you hosting a link to something like photobox .

Thumbs down

Hi Jamie,

Hi Gareth tried the oven route but there appears to be 6" of solid matter in there ,the old owner must have put a few pellets in there before noticing.
    Breech seal appears to be leather and ok at this point.
    The metalwork seems to be in fairly good nick apart from the clamp marks.
    I fear i might have to heat the barrel with a blow torch to get the blockage shifted.I have even tried to tap out the pellets with a 5mm rod but it will not budge.At this point barrel damage is not much of a concern.
    ATB Jamie.

I fear i might have to heat the barrel with a blow torch to get the blockage shifted.
    ... Gulp ... Best of British, and keep us posted . Atb: G.

i thought you might say that

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Blocked barrel

Im sure someone will say try an airline, which Im sure will shift the blockage----BUT before that, try a bit of oil down the barrel to see whether it runs through or not---Then Id be tempted to try a footpump with an adapter and a bit of wet rag as a seal and see if that will get it moving. (make sure that you have barrel pointed at something to catch blockage if it fires out!) Other than that, a barrel cleaning rod and just keep gently tapping the blockage. Good luck

Tried filling the barrel with wd40 and it never penetrated the blockage but i would have thought if air pressure was going to do it just firing the thing would suffice , dont fancy being in front if the 6" slug does come out with more pressure .