Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richter Optiks 3-9x50 AOE

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning

Richter Optiks 3-9x50 AOE

My first review, so apologies for c*ck-ups.

The Richter 3-9x50 is a cheap scope, picked mine up for about £35. First impressions are of a solid scope with surprisingly decent build quality.
    I have found the image quality to be very good for the price, with the only downside being slight chromatic aberration when the eye is not fully aligned with the lens. The recticule is a mil-dot with 11 stages of illumination, I find it very fine, so it should be quite good for long range work.
    The scope is quite light for its size, but is very well built and quite good value, it gets my vote anyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

i have one of these and it is spoton for ratting at close range and then targets at long range good alrounder

Richters

I had one on a Raider 2 shot ..well rated for a cheap scope ...i had no problems with mine...even after a couple of clumsy Tarzan manouvers..involving drystone walls.....That was one good outfit.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Smile great scope

i have two 6.24.50 one on my sako quad .22 rimfire and on my cz 17hmr brill scopes !!!!! A1+++++++++++

Hi
    I recently fitted and sighted in a Richter Optiks 3-9x50 AOE on a friends new CZ American. My stalking rifles are Schmidt and Benders, and I am picky about optics. I must say this scope impressed me, for the price. Large, bright image, pretty sharp and clear out to the edges; sharply defined, fine cross hairs, with the central portion as already described. Good eye relief and eye position not especially critical even at highest setting. Finish surprisingly good, and a nice 'professional' cleanness overall - nothing gimicky. All controls worked smoothly, nice and firm feeling without being too tight. Turret adustments seemed to work fine - in the limited time I spent with it. Five shots from fitting got us right on the bull. I haven't tried the illuminated reticule, and I didn't test low light performance, or really bright conditions, but what I saw, bearing in mind it is new, impressed me. Came with efficient looking flip up covers for both eyepiece and objective. AO calibration seemed to be about right too. I might be tempted to get one for my own use - and I had been looking at models much more expensive than this.

Roger

richter scope

i have one of these, very good alround scope but i do find distance to eye piece very finicky but perhaps this is because i wear glasses

A great value scope, goes to prove you dont have to spend silly money , on accurate shooting. I put mine in the top end simmons quality, at double the price !

bit late to start again but hear we go ,,my freind just got a 222 with a richter optice 3-9x 50 illum mill dot on it came on the rifle , is this scope gona be up to the job on a 222 or is it gona fall to bits, i have seen plenty of good reports for these
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

Hi all, i've had one of these on my S310 for about 3 months. I'm quite new to shootin' etc but i get on with it way better than my Nikko Stirling Gameking (3-9x40). Not used the IR in anger yet but the rest of the scope is damn good (not perfect but for £50 delivered....), i'd be being overly picky to pickl faults with it!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    bit late to start again but hear we go ,,my freind just got a 222 with a richter optice 3-9x 50 illum mill dot on it came on the rifle , is this scope gona be up to the job on a 222 or is it gona fall to bits, i have seen plenty of good reports for these
    It'll be fine, I had one on a .223 then a fox firearms one which is the same tube/dials etc so quite probably the same scope.

Just used one of these on a friend's rifle and i was gobsmacked! It's so much better on my eyes than my own Hawke Sport HD 3-9x50! Plus the added bonus of an IR as well as an AO, all this and it's under £40!?...i'm off to the shop ASAP for one.

Thumbs up Richter Optiks review

Yeah I bought one of these mainly cos of the price and was pleasantly surprised. Originally fitted it to my Weihrauch Hw77 but then put it on my BRNO .22 rimfire for lamping as the IR is excellent. For the money you cant buy better.

Hi all. just been offered the Richter optiks 3-9x 50e with illuminated reticle in great condition for 20 quid, worth it?

Cheers

Tell you what, if you dont have it, I will... Great scopes for the money..

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie View Post
    Tell you what, if you dont have it, I will... Great scopes for the money..
    I had it, very nice scope indeed