Thread: Old catalogues

Old catalogues

I have two spare Frank Dyke and Co catalogues , May 1969, and June 1971. each 24 pages and each includes the "original " range of rifles and pistols. also included are Anschutz and BSA and Webley with prices £5 each posted
    Mossberg 1968 catalogue with price list £5 posted

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, Please could I take the two Frank Dyke cats. please...will P.M. you regarding payment option you prefer.......regards,ed

Catalogues

Frank Dyke cats sold to edbear2 pending the usual
    1968 Mossberg catalogue anyone ?

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Mate.....payment is showing "pending.....awaiting action by recipient"....let me know please when all arrived O.K........thanks, ed

edbear2 Guest
    Thanks Andy.........there is some interesting info in these........ie. pellet makes available and prices in 1969, which confirm my memories of the very small selection available in most shops then......basically wasps, cali's, webleys, beatalls and marksman were the 5 sorts that most places had on display, with prince and catslugs for the gat / junior smoothbore rifles.

As it is a trade catalogue, the mark ups were a revalation as well!!!

examples are;

Anschutz 276......trade....£12.12.6........ ......retail...£21.17.6
    Airsporter...trade....£13. 15.0.......retail..£24.1.8
    Webley mk 3......trade....£12.17.10. .....retail..£22.10.0
    Webley jaguar....trade....£4.4.4. ...retail..£7.7.

Anschutz 250....trade....£30...retail £60.7.6
    Original mod 65.........trade....26....retail£53.10

both the above came without sights.......they were £6 to £7 pounds EXTRA.....ie. the trade price of a webley ranger......

I am sure that when I started my apprenticeship in engineering in 1973 I was getting about £6 quid a week......so new guns were hard saved for items, or for well off kids...3 of us used to share an old cadet...yeah I know "jumpers for goalposts etc. etc,.etc."

Will scan and post all this with my flikr stuff when time allows