Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellet tin ages?

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    A "weaman street" addy webley oblong tin of 500 .22 made £133 a year or so ago, when it was going bonkers for a while But I suppose if you have a webley service with all barrels in a case with just that one tin missing....
    You wouldn't happen to have a colour photo of the lid would you ?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

edbear2 Guest
    It wasn't me!...I got this one for £16........funny how its almost the same shape as some 1950's lozenge tins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7607964699940/

Are all those tins yours edbear? Thats quite a collection I started my own collection a couple of years ago, most of mine are slightly more modern though (probably 80's)
    hoplophobe

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Hollowpoint.......must confess they are!....it all started a few years ago when I was killing some time in a junk shop and found a 1960's wasp and webley tin......they were only a couple of quid each, and I was transported back to being a 13 year old!.......then a chance encounter a couple of weeks later at a car boot with an Airsporter started the whole thing off again!!!........its all been downhill since then

At least the old webley were painted tins, not paper labels. Just had a look at my Pylarm tin and thats painted.
    Painted only from now on for me I am afraid.

Acid House is offline Rivi's very own Shrek (and Coronation Street fan).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    At least the old webley were painted tins, not paper labels. Just had a look at my Pylarm tin and thats painted.
    Painted only from now on for me I am afraid.
    Now that’s just silly. Apart from that I can’t get the tin through my printer...

I am however in possession of several sky blue, aubergine and Parisian moonlight white tins of wasps.
    If anyone is interested please send me an empty acupell tin and give me a few weeks for the rust to be applied in the garden.
    You must also promise not to try and pass them off as genuine tins.

I will demand that a donation of £5 is made to this years RR charity.
    Enlightenment is only a click away http://www.rivington-riflemen.org
    If a man talks in the woods and nobody hears him, is he still wrong?

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid House View Post
    Now that’s just silly. Apart from that I can’t get the tin through my printer...

I am however in possession of several sky blue, aubergine and Parisian moonlight white tins of wasps.
    If anyone is interested please send me an empty acupell tin and give me a few weeks for the rust to be applied in the garden.

Dear Riviarions (is that correct for a group of your members?)

From the lack of further posts since my hook, line, sinker, swimfeeder and all,.. first one....I deduce that either;

1......Other people actually looked at ALL Ians pics properly (unlike me!) before commiting digit to keyboard in a frenzy.
    2......There are not many pellet collectors on here.
    3.....Everybody's on holiday....been very quiet.
    4.....Everybody thought "whats I.J. up to, and I wonder what wally will fall for it!"

I can only say in my defence that is was a bout of "collector fever" when I saw that green tin

Lets put it another way.........If someone new on here posted that they had "a very old BSA underlever type airgun, with a bolt thing on the back, that makes it look like a lee-enfield.....VGC, still in its original box, asking £90".I can imagine the BBS server going into terminal meltdown as everybody tried to type in the "yes please" message

Fake !

Reprduction !!

I think Iain - a.k.a. Little Lord Pencilrick has been at the sauce again.

I must add this is the only fishing related thing Lord Pencilrick has EVER caught.

ATB
    Ian

Acid House is offline Rivi's very own Shrek (and Coronation Street fan).
    Riviarions are infact a group of people from the French Riviara.

We on the other hand (because of our habit of lazily throwing logs on our indoor range pot bellied fire) prefer to be called Tossers or Lazy pot bellied tossers.....

Enlightenment is only a click away http://www.rivington-riflemen.org
    If a man talks in the woods and nobody hears him, is he still wrong?

Riviarions are infact a group of people from the French Riviara.

We on the other hand (because of our habit of lazily throwing logs on our indoor range pot bellied fire) prefer to be called Tossers or Lazy pot bellied tossers.....

Ahhhh! That explains the wording on Steve Wilsons (MRFIXIT) air bottle.

ATB
    Ian