Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kedr co2 bb smg

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    Found this on Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    This as well in Russian but some nice pics.

Will you all stop teasing me!!!!!!!!!!!

I want it more now
    BE-HAPPY-OK

run dont walk away from these

its not a kedr or 90 percent of the parts of a kedr, its loosely based on a kedr receiver stamping and manufactured by same firm that made those - Kedr sights, pistol grip, folding stock have all been dumped and the top cover is pressed to similar shape, while the fire select has ended up on the wrong side.

If that was all that as wrong with it it'd still be an interesting gun in and of itself (in some ways it still is)

However the reliability and performance has been slated as appalling - the russian forums were hopping with folks less than happy with it

at one stage they even had the original designer of it complaining that the plant had completely ignored his concerns about changes they'd made to make it easier for them to manufacture, about how the changes (and the plant) werent up to the job, how they'd ignored his solutions to the problems their changes had been causing and finally how they hadnt even bothered their backsides paying him the royalties owed, so he was ########* if he was going to make any more suggestions. All turned into a bit of a trainwreck.

Take down when it breaks is reportedly a bitch (with some areas supposedly requiring a return to factory) and parts are like rocking horse poo even in Russia

there was some debate as to wether the export version (twice the local price) was any better or just the same gun in semi auto only format. Most folks seemed unsure if it was even going to be sold in russia for much longer as it had disappeared off most of the usual dealers shelves.

Id suspect the semi auto nature of the German and UK ones might make them a little less problematic but for the price Id expect more than a maybe

guy that designed it has done some truly bizarre other stuff, if you want really tempted Russain 'MMG'-spec MP38s, MP40s and MG 34s (read captured and mothballed real ones that were deactivated) with similar systems shoehorned inside

http://www.sagittarius-tir.ru/?id=prod&sid=mmg

Ive added the MG34 video and a couple of others to same youtube account as the tirex one, should be live now

http://www.youtube.com/user/snorkelman101
    Last edited by stevie68; 09-05-2009 at 02:48 PM.

its not a kedr or 90 percent of the parts of a kedr, its loosely based on a kedr receiver stamping and manufactured by same firm that made those - Kedr sights, pistol grip, folding stock have all been dumped and the top cover is pressed to similar shape, while the fire select has ended up on the wrong side. " Quote "

Thanks for info, Steve . Would be interested in the sources you used for this information . Certainly much have what you said is contrary to information given on Rusmilitary website .

Personally I am always happy to see new models like these coming out as I have an interest in military equipment , and especially Russian items .

The U.Tube videos show the smg firing full auto and it sounds very weedy - I think my wifes hairdryer sounds more intimidating , but I imagine semi auto will possibly reduce any function issues .

Any gun which uses a working bolt for automatic fire will require some decent quality control to ensure smooth function : I was certainly worried how 12g CO2 would have sufficient / consistent power to keep the bolt moving against the return spring - Whilst also providing motive fire for the projectile ?

You would imagine the CO2 struggling in full auto fire due to cooling issues . I had a similar problem with an airsoft CO2 GBB Uzi I owned . Firing semi auto reduced , but did not erase the problem ...

I any case I would expect any £400 gun to have ALL quality control issues sorted prior to shipping .

Carl.
    Last edited by PHOBUS; 10-05-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    " This , is MY safety "

real deal - front sight is like a little chopped down AK/AKSU one, heavily raked pistol grip, over the top folding stock, selector on the right hand ejection port side etc - edit by looks of it the export version gets the folding stock as standard (on russian market one that wasnt the case)

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg06-e.htm

the other info was from a few long tirex threads on talk.guns.ru over the course of a year or so, there were photos on there of the various parts of the gun and plenty of moaning from buyers and the original designer. I'll see if I can dig up the original threads

I wouldnt worry too much about the sound on the youtube clip - the audio circuits on most camcorders seem to make most gas guns sound weenie, my shoei MG42 and MP44 were both waaay to loud to even consider firing in the house yet sounded utterly naff when video'd

I've got a tendency to collect oddball gas guns myself so its still on my shopping list as a 'system I've not got an example of yet', but with all the complaints over there it went from high on the list down to grab one sometime

to be honest the biggest problem with russian gas guns of this sort is that they're hell bent on using systems of russian design rather than give in and re-use an existing system Some of the airsoft systems would actually be OK if engineered properly with decent tolerances and decent materials (could certainly hit the two or three foot pounds the russians tend to aim for in these with a fair bit more reliability/consistency)

Does make for some weird n wonderful contraptions but tend to be very gas inneficient (and when it comes to unregulated CO2 thats last thing thats needed).
    Last edited by stevie68; 10-05-2009 at 07:52 PM.