Thread: webley mk3 fpe

webley mk3 fpe

Hi all
    i have just put a webley mk3 back together after a bit of restoration & was wondering what the original fpe would be when these were new,
    i have just put it over the crono & it is doing 9fpe, which i was quite pleased with, is that around the normal output i wonder.
    richiet

Mk3

Hi Richiet
    When the leather washer is brand new, power is a bit disappointing, but after a thousand rounds or so they do improve
    I have had quite a few Mk3's and have tried a few mods in the past to improve power and accuracy

A good one in .22 usually delivers about 10 fpe
    The .177ones are usually around 8.5-9 fpe

They do not respond to strong springs which often bring the power down

Fitting a PTFE piston head usually helps, and is a better bet than fitting a new leather washer when needed
    Performance is very similar to Airsporters, they are accurate even out to 40 yards with the right pellet
    John
    hold me back !!

mk3

Hi John
    thanks for the information, so 9fpe is not bad considering it has the original leather washer in.
    the washer in not in too bad condition considering its age but was very dry & dirty so its had a good clean & a soak in oil overnight.
    i will give it a good try out tomorrow at the club & see how accurite it is
    Thanks again
    Richard

I had a .22 model from the late 50's, with careful sizing of the leather piston washer could get no more than 9.5 ftlbs. The guide was on the slack side, maybe with a little more work perhaps 10-10.5?

regards Mike

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    This thread may be of some interest to you.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Webley MK3

I have two MK3's one is doing 9ftlbs the other 10.5ftlbs both in .22. The more powerful one has a slightly stronger spring but I would be happy with anything from 9 to 11 with these rifles in .22.