Hi

Im new to the forum so hello to all, and i hope im not treading on any toes but i was wondering about something.

I shot rounds 2 & 3 of the UKAHFT at Tawd and Rivi and both were excellent, i mean seriously good. The effort that was put in was brilliant and you could tell people really appreciated the courses.

Over the 2 days i heard alot of chatter about things things being 'in the way', to my mind HFT is supposed to simulate hunting scenarios (to me this is one of the main differences between FT and HFT) and in real life humps, bumps, shrubbery, and foliage to get in the way but it seems the powers that be dont like that. They seem intent on all targets being clean and direct from the peg. I dont see the problem with having to find the best shot and then find a way of touching the peg, instead on 99% of shots you could snuggle up to the peg.

My question is this, what do you think of the challenge of HFT, not just the shooters ability to hit the target but to find a way to see past obstacles, to 'find' the best shot. At Rivi there were a few shots near the top (2, 3 & 4 i think) that had a hump in the way, so you had to contort to make the shot and the sense of satifaction for a 'kill' was huge.

The same goes for foliage, the course managers insisted that nothing hung in the eyeline (not line of shot) that could 'put someone off' which seems a bit artificial, as out in the real world things do get in the way so finding the shot, and making the kill offer enormous rewards.

Sorry it was wordy but i was just wondering what you think.