Thread: BSA Breakdown Model 1937

BSA Breakdown Model 1937

I bought this from my good friend Gareth last year, and as there are moths flying out of my wallet once again, this has to go being that it is the least practical of the 3 I have left. So:

BSA Breakdown (break barrel) Model circa 1937 (I believe Gareth told me). It's complete, in good condition with it's open sights, and the butt plug (fnar) is unmolested. BSA stamped into the stock.

The only bad bits are:

The bluing has of course long since turned into the lovely brown patina that is the norm with guns of this age.

The rear sight, which is a simple 'slide on a dovetail' type thing, is loose along it's rail and needs something to hold it in place such as a bit of blu-tac etc

The woodwork is in good condition, but does bear a few marks of it's 70+ years of use as you would expect.

The sky, and hence the house is darker than Satan's arsehole, so pictures to follow when I can get some decent light.

Edit: Pics here.

£90 + postage of your choice.

Bear in mind that I will no longer tolerate time wasters. Ask any questions you want, but If you say I'll have it, then I expect you to pay for it promptly or let me know why. Mess me about, and I'll name and shame.
    Last edited by Punchsteve; 17-05-2009 at 04:52 PM.

any pics ??

Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    any pics ??
    Pics here.

edbear2 Guest
    BLIMEY

Things must be worse than I thought if this is still for sale!........a while ago it would have been gone in 2 mins at this price......A classic lightweight gun,The "daddy" of the meteor / cadet etc..... 70 years old for £50 LESS than a co2 popgun pistol, or a chinese nettle basher.....If I didn't already have one of these babys, I would be tearing your arms off

ATB with the sale mate.......maybe there is a big footie match on or something

Hi Steve,
    I'll take this please.

PM to follow.

ATB
    Ray.

I am going to get into soooo much trouble for this , but if I can pay by paypal £100 CAN YOU POST IT TO ME??????????

Regards Mike

I don't think my wife is looking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

####!

Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    I am going to get into soooo much trouble for this , but if I can pay by paypal £100 CAN YOU POST IT TO ME??????????

Regards Mike

I don't think my wife is looking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

####!
    Sorry Mike, Ray pipped you to the post.

Still, at least your wife won't be forced to commit GBH.

Oh Bugger!

Well done Ray!

Regards Mike

edbear2 Guest
    Thanks guys, you have just saved ME some money

Sorry Mike, only just pipped you

ATB
    Ray.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Yet another G. W-B once owned rifle leaves Steve's cabinet for pastures new ... Lovely old rifle this, Ray, you will thoroughly enjoy it, especially the unmolested butt plug . Ha ha. Oh, and yes, Mr Knibbs dated it to 1937 for me . Atvb all: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Oh! a virgin butt plug.

The very thought

ATB
    Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yet another G. W-B once owned rifle leaves Steve's cabinet for pastures new ... Lovely old rifle this, Ray, you will thoroughly enjoy it, especially the unmolested butt plug . Ha ha. Oh, and yes, Mr Knibbs dated it to 1937 for me . Atvb all: G.
    I'm crying on the inside because it's going Gareth. But hey ho, we've all done it when needs must.

And hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to do it again with another rifle bought, and enjoyed for a few months. Ad infinitum