Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UBC Meet

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Hello, everyone!

This is old news to most of you but still fresh in Jan's memory and mine, since we just got back to New Orleans late last night.

This trip to the UK was by far the best of the three for us, and the great day with the UBC boys and girls was certainly the highlight of the entire trip!

We really enjoyed meeting up with everyone, and getting to try out such a diverse collection of air guns. In the US there's very little interest in airgunning, and this was a real treat for us, being able to see and try out so many different air pistols: rifles too, courtesy of Ryan! My first go with PCP guns, and with a telescopic sight. And thanks to PhilG: my first go with a red dot sight.

But the guns, as much fun as they were, couldn't begin to compare with the company of the many great people who were there! I even hate to mention any names for fear I'll forget someone: but special thanks goes to Pad and the girls, Cookie, Tony, Phil, MikeB and Cheryl, JimD, Ryan, Liam, and Ewok, for helping make the day so much fun.

And please do check out that YouTube video!

It's not likely we'll be able to make it back to England for 2-3 more years: : but believe it or not, we're already planning our next trip there! We want to make it a LONG one - six weeks or so - and to see more of the countryside.

Please let me know if any of you are planning a Staterside trip in the meantime.

Cheers: and thanks again!

Jim and Jan
    My pleasure both, glad you enjoyed the different bits of kit and your trip. If we make it over to the states next year I'll be in touch.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Thumbs up The pleasure was REALLY all ours!

First, I want to apologize for taking so long to thank you all for hosting this wonderful event, and making us feel so at home! My computer died, and Jim is always on his (talking to ya'll).

The day, the food, and especially the company, were all superb. I second all of the other posts! The friendships forged at that event will last a lilfetime, and we WILL be back (in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger)! At the airport, we bought a Victorian Post Box bank with Churchills in it, ate the Churchills, and are now literally saving our pennies for the next trip.

Now, however, it is time for us to host you! I hope that you will make plans to come to New Orleans so we can take you out for some food, music, and pistol shooting.

Thank you all for your kindness. I would especially like to thank Helen, Paddy, Sinnead, and Sapphire for their planning of the event, and Mike B and Cheryl for hauling us around! Thanks to all who let me use your air pistols. I am afraid to name you for fear I will leave one of you out!

It was also great to meet the wives: Helen, Nuala, Carol, Cheryl, Cheryl, and Vicky!

We are so glad to have gotten to meet you all face to face. Please keep in touch!

Sincerely,

Jan
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!