Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anics 2002 Berkut..?

ScopesUP Guest

Anics 2002 Berkut..?

Hey all

Following on from yesterdays post...

I Love the look of the Anics and especially this one.

http://www.muzzle.de/N6/CO2/Anics_A-...02_berkut.html

Anyone know who stocks them..And are they any good..?
    (please bear in mind their purpose will be only a little stress releif at the club..)

Paul

Looks ok, but sounds like it has some issues. My German's a bit rusty but I looked at the Google translation here
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It's non-blowback, the double action trigger is heavy (5.2kg = over 11lbs!), "scratchy" and difficult to find the breaking point. It also sounded like the gun shot too low even with the sights adjusted to the max and that there were jamming problems with the mag.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Well, i'd imagine the action is at least similar to other Anics guns. I had a Skif A3000 F1 a few years back that i just didn't get on with. The trigger was VERY heavy in double action. Cocking the gun for single action could only be done via the slide, which presented a fair chance of catching the skin between your index finger and thumb in the fake 'ejection port'. The 28 shot mags took forever to load, the pellets had to be set to just the right depth, and there was still a fair chance of a loading jam. Loading jams resulted in the mag being stuck in the pistol, with the pistol unable to be cocked, fired, or easily stripped down.

I'll never buy another Anics again.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

ScopesUP Guest
    taking that as a dont bother with them then.....!!!

Not cheep either for somthing thats gonna jam on me..

Well, it was a few years ago, so things may have improved since then. I think there's a few people on here who quite like their Anics.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

ScopesUP Guest
    Hey Chewy
    Cheers for the tips, any idea who any idea who these "People" are who are already owners would like to hear from them, shame they have a poor rep as they look such nice peices of kit.

Paul

I think Neil1972 is the man to speak to about Anics.

skif

the skif a3000 is a good pistol {i have a black and nickel one,but you have to spend an hour fine tuning it,,i can supply instructions and even pics to members .who want to lighten the trigger pull,it involves dismantling the pistol,,it may seem a daunting task,cos when you take out the action from the main frame,there are at least 4 items that are held in by springs,,and as soon as you remove the action they want to fly everywhere,,but dont let this put you off,,as far as i know,i was the first person to strip a skif,all i did was note where all the pieces went,and took photos as i went along,,ive since fettled around 5 skifs,,i even did one for another member,i didnt charge anything,they just paid postage either way
    i can do the job in around half an hour,,basicaly you shorten the main spring
    {the one around the barrel so there isnt as much resistance when the trigger is pulled,,also when the gun is in pieces,thouroughly clean and regrease,,,and if you seat the pellets right,,you will have no jams

ScopesUP Guest
    wow neil thats some great advice..
    Couple of questions if poss..

Is the 3000 comftorble to hold..?

Is the barrell rifled..

Im only going to be using it down the club for fun but would still like it to be accurate.
    Ideally id like to handle one first but cant find any local stockists down south,

cheers
    Paul

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I have a n A3000 Skif & that's got a really sorted trigger but I really, really fancy the 9000,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Well, i'd imagine the action is at least similar to other Anics guns. I had a Skif A3000 F1 a few years back that i just didn't get on with. The trigger was VERY heavy in double action. Cocking the gun for single action could only be done via the slide, which presented a fair chance of catching the skin between your index finger and thumb in the fake 'ejection port'. The 28 shot mags took forever to load, the pellets had to be set to just the right depth, and there was still a fair chance of a loading jam. Loading jams resulted in the mag being stuck in the pistol, with the pistol unable to be cocked, fired, or easily stripped down.

I'll never buy another Anics again.
    this was my !st experience with the Skiff too...

however ive now got 2 of them and these ones are ALOT Better and i actually like using them (guess im just lucky) lubing the mags works well and also i found that slackening off the screws in the mags slightly helps the mag move better= better trigger.......

deffo try before you buy.....

id get pretty cheesed off reloading every 8 shots TBH.......

I have a blackbird 3003 that is now just sold to Neil72, and i have to say i was very pleased with it although it does have a slightley heavy trigger, but im sure he will sort it. The top slid is much more comfy to pull back, with no sharpness to it. I did try the old 300 and that did hurt a little when pulled, but this does not. Also on the berut (i think) it seemed to have a longer trigger pull than the blackbird, and when the two were chroned, ( smk did it for me ) the blackbird was doing 435fps and the berkut or whatever it's called was doing 410 fps, so the blackbird is a little stronger. As far as jams go, do what they tell you and it wont. It also seems to shoot pretty constant till the last dregs of gas, then it drops fast, which is much bettr than other guns that lose it slow, with a slow power loss curve. All in all when you have the gun sorted. its better and more 'real' than any of the other clones.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesUP View Post
    wow neil thats some great advice..
    Couple of questions if poss..

Is the 3000 comftorble to hold..?

Is the barrell rifled..

Im only going to be using it down the club for fun but would still like it to be accurate.
    Ideally id like to handle one first but cant find any local stockists down south,

cheers
    Paul
    Hi Paul

I have the Anics Beretta A-9000 S, which I think is more like the Berkut than the 3000.
    It has a 22 shot mag, due to the more compact style, but has a better firing system than the skifs ( or so I understand ? ).
    I am not far from you so could possibly meet up and you could have a go with it if you like?

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Anics Jamming Problems Solved! Well possibly.

Hi to all you Anics pistol owners. I am the proud owner of a Anics/beretta 9000s and although I am very fond of this little gun. The magazine jamming problems were begining to frustrate me endlessly. My brother owns an Anics Skiff 3000 and he too, mentioned the same problem. I'd usually get through about 10-15 shots before the darn thing jammed up on me. In fact I got so frustrated with the gun that I put it in my cupboard and opted to use my Walther CP88 as my main target pistol. To cut a long story short. Whilst target shooting in my garage with several friends, I decided to give the Anics 9000s one more try before advertising it on this site. The usually jamming problem occured after 10 0r so shots. At the time my friend was using AirArms field pellets as well as Crosman premiers. He suggested trying some of those pellets in my gun. The first thing I noticed was that his pellets were shorter in length than the pellets I was using. They were also domed. I seated each pellet carefully in the magazine and noticed that there was quite a bit of clearance between the the pellets and magazine. To demonstrate that these were not catching in the magazine I rotated the magazine several times with the brass pellet seater. The magazine was able to rotate freely without getting stuck. The next test was to fire the gun. I was was able to get all shots freely through the magazine without any jams at all. It may appear that the Anics range are suited for shorter length pellets. So far I have successfully shot these range of pellets through my 9000s and have not experienced any further jamming. These are:- Bisley Bullets, Crosman Premier, AirArm Field target and BSA Storm. I hope this is the answer to all your jamming problems.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The Skif insertion tool is adjustable so that you can push different pellets to the correct depth, the pellets need to be below flush at the skirt, firmly seated and leave enough clearance at the front for the mag feed & lock pawls. (take the slide off & the mag out & look down the mag slot while operating the trigger)

My Skif works without jams with Gecos, Accupells, Promethius (metal tipped plastic type), Zaps and Umarex. Each just needs inserting to the correct depth
    Nick