Thread: bsf air rifle

bsf air rifle

I have a BSF break barrel,it says bsf on top made in germany on one side and media on the other. Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle? the serial #'s match a160
    thanks,
    Jerry
    http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL213.../369771195.jpg
    http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL213.../369771083.jpg
    Last edited by jks67; 17-07-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: incomplete description

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Welcome to the BBS. Reckon you'd do better with this Q in the collectors section (best bit of the BBS imo ), so will move this thread to there . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

PM the member IJ he knows about them

Ora

Advert for BSF Media

Info on BSF from the Beeman Blue Book:

"BAYERISCHE SPORTWAFFENFABRIK"
    Previous manufacturer located in Erlangen, Germany. Previously imported by Kendell International located in Paris, KY, and by Beeman Precision Arms under the Wischo label.
    B.S.F. (Bayerische Sportwaffenfabrik) is the base brand for airguns marked B.S.F., Bavaria, and Wischo. B.S.F. was founded in 1935 and produced a few airguns before the pressures of WWII took over. Production began again in 1948 and put an emphasis on solid, simple construction. The Model S54 remains asa classic of solid, elegant construction for a sporter air rifle. B.S.F.´s own production was generally sold under the Bavaria label. The Wischo Company of Erlangen, one of Europe´s leading gun distributors, distributed large numbers, especially to Beeman Precision Airguns in the USA, under the Wischo label. The collapse of their British agent, Norman May & Co, in 1980 resulted in the dismissal of most of the 130 workers. The Schütt family sold the business to Herbert Gayer, who refined the production considerably. However, this was not enough to prevent further decline of the company. It was then purchased by the Hermann Weihrauch Company in nearby Mellrichstadt in the late 1980s. By incorporating some HW design and cosmetic features and parts, a surprisingly good line of upper economy level airguns was developed to supplement the top-of-the-line, regular HW models. Weihrauch manufactures versions of B.S.F. models for Marksman (Marksman Models 28, 40, 55, 56, 58, 59, 70, 71, 72, and 75).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Basically a smaller version of the BSF 55.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

bsf rifle

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    With a ser. of a160 would that give you enough information to what year the rifle is?It shoots very good,it's not my beeman but it is good.
    thanks for your time,
    Jerry
    Last edited by jks67; 17-07-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: left out word

bsf rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Advert for BSF Media

Info on BSF from the Beeman Blue Book:

"BAYERISCHE SPORTWAFFENFABRIK"
    Previous manufacturer located in Erlangen, Germany. Previously imported by Kendell International located in Paris, KY, and by Beeman Precision Arms under the Wischo label.
    B.S.F. (Bayerische Sportwaffenfabrik) is the base brand for airguns marked B.S.F., Bavaria, and Wischo. B.S.F. was founded in 1935 and produced a few airguns before the pressures of WWII took over. Production began again in 1948 and put an emphasis on solid, simple construction. The Model S54 remains asa classic of solid, elegant construction for a sporter air rifle. B.S.F.´s own production was generally sold under the Bavaria label. The Wischo Company of Erlangen, one of Europe´s leading gun distributors, distributed large numbers, especially to Beeman Precision Airguns in the USA, under the Wischo label. The collapse of their British agent, Norman May & Co, in 1980 resulted in the dismissal of most of the 130 workers. The Schütt family sold the business to Herbert Gayer, who refined the production considerably. However, this was not enough to prevent further decline of the company. It was then purchased by the Hermann Weihrauch Company in nearby Mellrichstadt in the late 1980s. By incorporating some HW design and cosmetic features and parts, a surprisingly good line of upper economy level airguns was developed to supplement the top-of-the-line, regular HW models. Weihrauch manufactures versions of B.S.F. models for Marksman (Marksman Models 28, 40, 55, 56, 58, 59, 70, 71, 72, and 75).
    thank you,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jks67 View Post
    With a ser. of a160 would that give you enough information to what year the rifle is?It shoots very good,it's not my beeman but it is good.
    thanks for your time,
    Jerry
    I would guess that if there is no adjustment on the back sight for windage - pre 1978.

An early Mod 60 a Mod 35 and the common as dog dirt Mod 65.

Your very welcome.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I was going to express amazement earlier that you had answered a BSF query without mention of the 65 Ian. Then I thought "give him time"....
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I would guess that if there is no adjustment on the back sight for windage - pre 1978.

An early Mod 60 a Mod 35 and the common as dog dirt Mod 65.

Your very welcome.

ATB
    Ian
    looking at the pics it looks like the mod 60,did the mod 60 come in 22 cal.?

pics

ATB
    Ian
    if you go to my original thread i have added pics check those out and let me know what you think.
    thanks Ian,
    Jerry

Look at the ad I posted up Jerry, it says the S60 came in both cals. If it says Media on it then that's what it is, a youth-sized rifle and not the larger model 60.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Look at the ad I posted up Jerry, it says the S60 came in both cals. If it says Media on it then that's what it is, a youth-sized rifle and not the larger model 60.
    i was just hoping it was more than it is,is it worth anything?
    thanks,
    Jerry

i bought one off gunbroker here in the states identical to yours for $135

all the best,
    clive

bsf

Quote Originally Posted by cliveyt View Post
    i bought one off gunbroker here in the states identical to yours for $135

all the best,
    clive
    thank you,
    Jerry