Thread: Webley Senior Help

Webley Senior Help

Hello all. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old breech seal from my webley senior, while i've still got some hair left. It's the original leather one, and it's been driving me mad for about the last two hours. Any help would be greatfully received.

ATB Ray

Normally, one would prise it out of it's seating using a tool, such as a thin rod or screwdriver, inserted in the central hole.
    If it proves difficult to remove, it will have to be broken up and removed piece by piece.

Hi troubledshooter, does that mean the small metal sleeve on the center of the seal comes out as well.

All done, Thanks for your help troubledshooter
    ATB ray
    Last edited by rtillyer; 18-07-2009 at 01:44 PM.

hello ray

none of my webley's have a metal inner but then all of mine have rubber breech seals...

>>>my webbo's<<<

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

The original Webley breech seals were leather, with a brass tube in the centre to stop the central air aperture from closing up.
    The later breech washers as fitted to the Tempest/Hurricane, are neoprene, and will fit all the earlier models as well.
    There are still some original leather/brass washers about, but they need a good soak in 'Neats Foot Oil' or some other leather softening preparation, before use, as they tend to dry out over a period of time and become very hard and non malleable.

Hi John/ troubledshooter, This one had the original leather/brass seal, managed to remove it but it fell to bits, job done though.

ATB Ray