Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TH-W Springer Comp Sun 9th Aug 09

Watching Les.

Let's face it, we all want more of everything!

A lottery win should jsut about sort it out

Steve

Comps

No reason why the springer entries can't be divided into classes, with different colour score cards for different kit e.g. SR shooters take a blue card, regular springers a white card and gas-ram shooters a yellow card.

At the end of the season, if there have been a significant number of entries in each class, small trophies could be awarded. However, as seems more likely, relatively low numbers of entrants in SR and Gas-Ram grades could simply receive a certificate of score.

In the same way, regular HFT comps could be divided up between .22 shooters, springers and PCP. Personally, I like the option of shooting as many types of kit as possible, so I wouldn't want to shoot a springer in the main HFT comp but save it for the dedicated Springer Comp. On the other hand, some shooters may only own a springer and would welcome the chance of being graded separately in the main comp.

Just an idea.....

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    No reason why the springer entries can't be divided into classes, with different colour score cards for different kit e.g. SR shooters take a blue card, regular springers a white card and gas-ram shooters a yellow card.

At the end of the season, if there have been a significant number of entries in each class, small trophies could be awarded. However, as seems more likely, relatively low numbers of entrants in SR and Gas-Ram grades could simply receive a certificate of score.

In the same way, regular HFT comps could be divided up between .22 shooters, springers and PCP. Personally, I like the option of shooting as many types of kit as possible, so I wouldn't want to shoot a springer in the main HFT comp but save it for the dedicated Springer Comp. On the other hand, some shooters may only own a springer and would welcome the chance of being graded separately in the main comp.

Just an idea.....

D.
    You'll get the job of sorting all the scores out at this rate!!

Steve

glad im not involved any more

Just an idea.....

D.
    Glad im not running the club anymore. this is all too confusing for me,

Tony (old boss )

I'm all for giving my TX200SR .22 or RH83 Park Rifle .177 an outing but I'm wondering how many of us have a semi-recoiling springer. The more, the merrier, of course, but the field could be a bit thin on the day.

D.
    I don't mind putting on a different hat to be someone else and going around again

I might do better as my alter ego

Mikhail Schmucka might get a six ohh
    I need to practice more to have more lucky shots.
    Rochford AGC

Another Great Day!

Thank you to all our range officials and all who helped pack away, another excellent day at THW, with new faces and another great turnout.

A very BIG THANK YOU to Tony, Chris and Ryan who got up extra early to set up our challenging course.

Its much appreciated, without you guys the fun wouldn't start very early.

Looking forward to the next one, which is our members open shoot, second from last one. Trophy time soon!!!!

Mrs Tony

Springer Comp

A very testing course for springers, so I was was more than pleased with my 51 shot using a new HW97 straight out of its box. OK, it did have a decent scope on it. Looking forward to the next springer season with the SRs shooting separately. Called into AGC on the way home - they have a new version of the HW97 with a KT stock - looks weird but very comfortable to hold. No, I didn't buy it but was sorely tempted.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Im sure that you will have it for the nexr springer shoot Dave.

And a well done to the Yate's for setting out the course.
    Dan grades do it best !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kungfubob View Post
    And a well done to the Yate's for setting out the course.
    Cheers Bob,

Its nice to be appreciated, but dont forget Chris, he helps with the course every now and again!

(Only joking, Chris helps a hell of a lot with the course!!!!)

Tony ( old Boss)