Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: U.B.C Third Meet October 24 2009

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I still prefer the 'vintage' cars rather than the 'modern' stuff

The 'tactical situation' conversations, one of them was where is the best place to be while in a shootout by a parked car

Yep that whet Cheryl called one of them
    behind the bonnet so the engine is in the way, and if you stand by the wheel then your feet-(lower legs if kneeling) will have some cover as well,
    anywhere else and the bullet would go straight through.

its important to know these things where i live
    Last edited by sol1821; 15-10-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: spelt you, u
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    behind the bonnet so the engine is in the way, and if you stand by the wheel then your feet-(lower legs if kneeling) will have some cover as well,
    anywhere else and the bullet would go straight through.

its important to know these things where i live
    >Correct-A-Mundo<
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thumbs up For ALL ubc members

May i send you all best wishes for the meet,sadly for me i'm working till 0700hrs on the sat morning so cannot make it again, do have a great time, and do
    report on this new pistol. To all those who organise the club & meets Thank You, & well done in getting the new pistol Quite a coup...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    May i send you all best wishes for the meet,sadly for me i'm working till 0700hrs on the sat morning so cannot make it again, do have a great time, and do
    report on this new pistol. To all those who organise the club & meets Thank You, & well done in getting the new pistol Quite a coup...mike...
    From behalf of the U.B.C Committee thanks Mike

Hopefully you may be able to come to future MEETs,

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Hi all,

I have just had a very successful, and very pleasant video call with Jan & Jim McArthur, so we should be able to get them involved on the day

Jim was able to show off some of his 'proper' hardware

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Quote Originally Posted by BeerJam View Post
    Hi all,

I have just had a very successful, and very pleasant video call with Jan & Jim McArthur, so we should be able to get them involved on the day

Cheers, Mark
    Excellent news

Good to know that Jim & Jan will be there with us again.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Went over to the Greyhound this evening. Met up with Dave the owner, had a good chat & finalising all details for the shoot.

We have been given the permission to use all the plinking range, which is real good of him. Dave has also said that we are welcome to use there HFT/FT course also

For people that are camping over on the Friday, could you let me know a estimated time that you will be arriving. So I can let Dave know please.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Hi all,

Cheers, Mark
    Yes: and it scared Flora away. "Come and say hello to the American maniac, dear: look at the pretty revolver he's pointing at the screen..."

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Went over to the Greyhound this evening. Met up with Dave the owner, had a good chat & finalising all details for the shoot.

We have been given the permission to use all the plinking range, which is real good of him. Dave has also said that we are welcome to use there HFT/FT course also

For people that are camping over on the Friday, could you let me know a estimated time that you will be arriving. So I can let Dave know please.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Morning Paddy,

I hope to be arriving sometime around 5pm as I want to try to get the tent pitched before dark which is at 17:52 on Friday. *Hopes there will be some already there as pitching the tent is a two person operation*

Can I ask what loo facilities there are for the campers?

Getting excited

Clare
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Chasm View Post
    Morning Paddy,

I hope to be arriving sometime around 5pm as I want to try to get the tent pitched before dark which is at 17:52 on Friday. *Hopes there will be some already there as pitching the tent is a two person operation*

Can I ask what loo facilities there are for the campers?

Getting excited

Clare
    I am also hoping to arrive in time to pitch before it gets dark, so put me down for 4 - 5pm.

Clare, as i understand it, there are no campsite loos There are loos in the pub for daytime use and Jim (Target Bunny) has a key to the canal-side loos, which are closer to the camping area. I am bringing a basic chemical loo that you are welcome to use if you need to (I am soooooo generous ).

I'll help with your tent if you help with mine . I can pitch mine single handed but it is easier with two. If it is really cold, like last night, -2 here in Hampshire , there will be floor space enough for you to share our heater

Cheers, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes: and it scared Flora away. "Come and say hello to the American maniac, dear: look at the pretty revolver he's pointing at the screen..."

Jim
    Ha ha ha , it was really great seeing you both face to face, you are the first UBC members that I have 'met'.

To be fair to Flora, she had just come in from work and had changed straight into her nightwear - for my eyes only

Cheers, Mark

I am also hoping to arrive in time to pitch before it gets dark, so put me down for 4 - 5pm.

Clare, as i understand it, there are no campsite loos There are loos in the pub for daytime use and Jim (Target Bunny) has a key to the canal-side loos, which are closer to the camping area. I am bringing a basic chemical loo that you are welcome to use if you need to (I am soooooo generous ).

I'll help with your tent if you help with mine . I can pitch mine single handed but it is easier with two. If it is really cold, like last night, -2 here in Hampshire , there will be floor space enough for you to share our heater

Cheers, Mark
    Mark,

I too could probably pitch it single-handed, it is not difficult just awkward, but like yours is easier with two people. I'll be delighted to help you with your tent.

Yes you are generous

I think I'll be okay in my tent as I like to camp in comfort - my bedding consists of 5cm thick self inflating mat, 2 fleece blankets, a sleeping bag, an army sleeping bag inside the other one, pillow and duvet. The inner sleeping bag has arms and a hood and zip around the knees so if I get caught short during the night I don't even have to get out of it, I just unzip the knees But that said if your tent is warmer I may well take you up on the offer of floor space

Thanks you

Clare
    I am a Lady

Will there be air there for my rifle if I bring it?

Clare
    I am a Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Chasm View Post
    Will there be air there for my rifle if I bring it?

Clare
    I'm getting the feeling that there will be no shortage of 'hot air' - not sure about high pressure air though

I do not do PCP...

.(yet ).

Cheers, Mark

I will be on site Saturday, with my 12ltr 300 bar tank in the van.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.