Thread: Co-Operation between Pistol Sites

Question Co-Operation between Pistol Sites

Hi Guys
    The other day I was surfing the net following up the Silhouette Targets discussion and I came across this site M1911.ORG Forum where someone was asking for full size human silhouette targets.
    Now in common with many forums you need to join to post on the board. So I joined. At this point I put up the following message
    Hi Guys
    I had better start my participation on the forum with a confession. I do not have and do not aspire to own a 1911.
    OK Living in the UK makes it difficult to start with and the only pistols we are allowed are Airguns.

I dropped onto this forum whilst searching for TARGETS for my site Targetbunny and have had to register to reply.

Your forum looks to be good so I am happy to join up.
    Due to the messing about involved in signing up I have lost the name of the person who asked for posts of Large Human Silhouettes so whoever you are I apologise but hope that THIS will be of use if you only have a letter size printer. One simple tip. Print out about 4 or 5 of these and cut out bits to paste over the holes because these things take a while to make up.

I do not think I will be a regular or proliferate poster but I'm glad I found you. If any of you would like to try some airpistol shooting have a look at the UBC.
    Look forward to hearing from you guys.
    Target Bunny

This is where it gets interesting. I achieved something that even Andy J never managed. I got banned for life. So DON’T have a go at the mods on this forum for crazy decisions.

Seems that Targetbunny and the UBC are COMMERCIAL organisations and I was blatantly plugging them. With all the adds on the Airgun BBS it’s a darnn (no it's not swearing I spelt it d a r n n) good job I never mentioned them or they would have been banned as well.
    This was not so much a knee jerk reaction as a full backwards summersault.
    Anyway guys enjoy the tale and have a laugh. I’m still laughing at their attempts to justify their action. OH YES THEY DID! And I have the emails to prove it see HERE

Regards
    Jim D
    Last edited by Target Bunny; 16-10-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Add URL
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Still making me chuckle
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    In honour of Target Bunny I shall sign up tonight & get myself banned by mentioning The UBC
    Nuns, no sense of humour!
    Nick

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    You've got to be one badass mother####er to get banned off an American gun site.

Well done, TB.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I've signed up,
    now to sneak up on their blind side!
    Then get banned

Nick

I say we put together a UBC away-team of crack trollers and mount a daring raid.

Caution

No Mike NO!
    Remember the chimp
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Jim

That's hilarious!
    Fancy kindly offering your target for free and getting banded for promotion!

just can't help some folks can you!

Lynne
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

There's not much chance of many BBs members surviving long on that forum.

" Rule 4 Disguising a vulgar or obscene word with symbols or random characters ($, *, etc), deliberate misspelling to by-pass the naughty word filter, or using common synonyms when the intended word can be easily inferred from the substitute is considered the same as using that foul word, so please don't try it.

Rule 5. Sexually-suggestive statements, sexual harassment, sexual innuendo, bawdy or “locker room” humour and the like have no place on this forum. ... Therefore, bawdy stories and “locker room” humour are not appropriate, and will be treated the same as obscene or profane language.

Rule 10. Any reference to politics, political parties, political systems or even simple politically-oriented comments will be removed and a warning will be issued."

After that lot Baz looks like a bleedin' heart liberal

Tazz