Thread: Gamo Compact vs HW 75

Gamo Compact vs HW 75

Any opinions whether the HW 75 or the Gamo Compact is better for 10 metre target shooting? Any one got both?

I know the HW 75 is dearer and probably better made, but which one is easier to get good scores with at 10 metres? That is what I am really interested in. Forget about price & build, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idlefrog View Post
    Any opinions whether the HW 75 or the Gamo Compact is better for 10 metre target shooting? Any one got both?

I know the HW 75 is dearer and probably better made, but which one is easier to get good scores with at 10 meters? That is what I am really interested in. Forget about price & build, etc.

Thanks
    Judging by the tone of your question, my answer is not what you're looking for.

Both guns will out-shoot you so neither is easier to get good scores with - it's all down to how good a pistol shot you are although you will probably enjoy shooting and owning the HW75 more. (Unless you can do something better with the money you could save by buying Gamo vs a HW.)

But you will only achieve scores that relate to your ability to shoot. The choice of pistol is, at least, secondary.
    Good luck, 10m pistol shooting is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Judging by the tone of your question, my answer is not what you're looking for.

Both guns will out-shoot you so neither is easier to get good scores with - it's all down to how good a pistol shot you are although you will probably enjoy shooting and owning the HW75 more. (Unless you can do something better with the money you could save by buying Gamo vs a HW.)

But you will only achieve scores that relate to your ability to shoot. The choice of pistol is, at least, secondary.
    Good luck, 10m pistol shooting is not easy.
    Well, I have a HW 45 so I know what the quality of the 75 will be like. I was just wondering if one is easier to shoot accurately than the other over 10 metres.

Most guns will out shoot me as will many shooters, but I can definitely shoot some more accurately than others. I can shoot my HW45 more accurately than my Tempest and today I tried the clubs FWB target pistol and was definitely more accurate with that.

So that is what I am after. If an average pistol shooter was given both pistols to try, which would they do better with.

I agree the pleasure of owning the HW 75 is likely to be greater.

Hello,
    I've never tried an HW but I did have a Compact and won quite a few trophies with it @ 10m.
    Great little pistol and an excellent starter at 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by idlefrog View Post
    So that is what I am after. If an average pistol shooter was given both pistols to try, which would they do better with.
    The same with both. Any difference in potential of the pistols is greatly outweighted by the shooters ability and confidence in the pistols. So probably the HW but the reality is that it doesn't matter as long as you have confidence in what you are using.