I need to buy my first pistol. Here is a list I can choose from:

Walther CP88 Competition/Not comp.
    Walther CP99
    Beretta Elite II
    Beretta Px4 Storm
    Colt Government (Umarex)
    Colt Special Combat (Umarex)
    Baikal MP 654K

Which is the best made quality and fun to use?

I Was thinking about Walther CP88 Compt and the two COLTS. I Wonder what would be better between these?
    Last edited by vzup; 31-10-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    What use do you plan to make of an air pistol? Bullseye? Fast action shooting? Is power a consideration? Firepower? Noise level?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

From that list I'd plump for the CP88 Competition. It's accurate enough for informal 10m target shooting, the trigger's not bad and the extra 2" barrel length gives a little more power than the standard length. It's a pistol that will do both rapid fire and accurate single action shooting.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I want it for bottles, cans, target shooting. My main criteria is: build quality.
    Last edited by vzup; 25-10-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    CP 88 Competition comes highly recommended, and the Smith 586 or 686: great choices for fast and accurate follow up shots.

HW 45 or EB Sheridan are probaby better choices, if it's punch you're looking for. The Umarex line isn't noted for being especially powerful.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

CP 88 first available probably still best overall. But despite the rear safety I prefer my Colt Gov. Nice weight and handling.
    So your choice spot on.

From your List I would say the CP88 Competition, it really is a great all rounder, Mine is a definate keeper.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I have just bought CP88 Competition, and I have one problem with slide's release lever. Sometimes it works easily and sometimes I need to use much power to push it downward. What may be wrong?

I think it is just new.They are like this sometimes. A little oil and use should ease it.

There is much oil. It is doing not just hard but it looks like something doesn't let it move.

One more thing: is it normal that a gun just stops shooting. It shoots one bullet well and next doesn't even get out of the barrel, the amount of gas released is too low to move it. But when I remove the gas bottle, quite much gas sprays out. Hmm, I wonder if it is normal or mine broke the same day?

There have been problems with the co2 cartridge not being pierced properly, this would show when two shots are fired in quick succession and the second is low power, but two shots with a significant delay between are both ok. The gas only comes out slowly if not properly pierced.

Are you tightening up the co2 cartridge screw fully before closing the lever to pierce it?
    The correct way to install a co2 cartridge is to open the lever fully, wind down the co2 screw, insert the cartridge, wind the screw back up until it presses the cartridge against the seal tight enough that it can just be turned by hand but doesn't rattle, whilst making sure the lever is still fully open. Replace the grip and smartly close the lever to pierce the cartridge.
    You could also try a different make of co2 cartridge.

If it still won't work take it back to the shop.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Thumbs up If you want a really fine first pistol

If you can hunt yourself down one of these you will never get another pistol
    They are outstanding but are hard to find They stop production many many years ago so you will only find second hand
    They are called a Mark I by Crosman
    http://www.jrcbd.com/photopost/data/...man_Mark_I.jpg
    I don't drive fast. I just fly low

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Micster7000 View Post
    If you can hunt yourself down one of these you will never get another pistol
    They are outstanding but are hard to find They stop production many many years ago so you will only find second hand
    They are called a Mark I by Crosman
    http://www.jrcbd.com/photopost/data/...man_Mark_I.jpg
    Among the Crosman classic pistols the Mk1 is OK, but the 600 ROCKS!
    See it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8PXmBkITw
    Read about it:
    http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog...r-classic.html
    Covet it!
    Regards,
    Nick

cp88 all day every day a top gun close runner up is the Beretta 92FS . witch will be my next gun
    U.B.C Member - Beeman P3 - crosman nightstalker - walther underlever