Thread: Prostate Cancer

Prostate Cancer

Hi all, I am hopeing to make alittle money to help fight Prostate cancer. I have joined the MOvember group in growing our moustaches during the month of November & would be deeply appreciative of any cash donated.
    Donations can be made via Paypal, Credit or Debit cards on this site;

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/181579/

At this time of year there are many requests for charity, good causes one & all but each of us may already know someone who is suffering with this condition or who will contract in the future, a workmate, a friend or a family member.
    Please consider visiting the above site & making a donation, no matter how small. Just enter my name, 'Gregory Ralph', in the search box, no need to login or register & that should take you straight to my donation page.
    Thank you all very much.

Greg
    Last edited by Baltipal; 16-11-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Should have mentioned

I Should have mentioned with my reply to your email buddy, I was one of the lucky ones.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

I kind of guessed Jim. Good luck to ya & again, many thanks.
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Picture progress

I thought you might like to see the 'tache progress from three weeks ago till today;

Day One

One Week

Week Two

Week Three

Serious bit now lads.
    10,000 men a year in the U.K. Die from Prostate Cancer & in my view that's 10,000 men too many!
    It's true that no one person can stop this desease with a £5 or a £10 donation but if a load of us gave just alittle it just might help to make a difference.
    Please visit my donation page on the Movember site here & make a donation via Paypal, Credit or Debit card.
    If you arrive at the Movember Homepage instead, it's OK. Just type 'Gregory Ralph' into the search box & by the wonders of modern technology you will arrive where you are meant to be. You have 10,000 reasons to give it ago!
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Here it is!

Well, we have got to the end of Movember & the end result is;

Week 4

There is still time to make a small donation to this very worthy cause. Like I said right at the beginning, we all probably know somebody, a workmate, a friend or even a family member who is effected by this condition, even the smallest donation could make a difference if enough people make the effort.
    And it is really no effort at all, just visit this site, http://uk.movember.com/mospace/181579
    And click on donate, either to me or my team.
    If you don't find my personal donation page when you do this don't worry, you won't need to register or login or anything like that. Just put my name, 'Gregory Ralph' into the search box & you will be taken there, easy!
    The site will be open for a few more days yet so don't think it's too late, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Greg
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Righto, many thanks for all your interest & to those who contributed to the Cause.
    I raised £125 personally with your help & my team raised £3,492.22p.
    Here's alittle note from the Prostate Cancer Charity expressing their thanks taken from the Movember site;

Thanks from The Prostate Cancer Charity
    "As the 2009 Movember campaign comes to an end, I'm writing on behalf of The Prostate Cancer Charity to say a HUGE thanks for your fantastic efforts this year..."

No final figures have been sent to me so I can't tell you any totals but as over 45,000 of us in this Country were involved I think we can assume a substantial ammount.
    I'd like to thank the mods on this site for allowing me to put this up here & if they want to remove this thread as a sticky in the near future, say by the start of the new year, just to allow my thanks to be viewed by as many as possible.
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC