Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UBC "Chinese Rifles"

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    Thanks Paddy, you're a STAR . I just need to get the 6yd rifle bought, mmm, wonder what to get

Thanks again mate

Paul
    No worries.

I now can use another 5 rifles within the competition now So, if I add up all my scores I'm sure to win
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    No worries.

I now can use another 5 rifles within the competition now So, if I add up all my scores I'm sure to win
    There had to be a reason to add another comp, he's determined to win something.

I think i will have to dig out the HW25L, my sub 6ftlb powerhouse
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    There had to be a reason to add another comp, he's determined to win something.

I think i will have to dig out the HW25L, my sub 6ftlb powerhouse
    Oi I have you know I won the test run Bullseye competition

Well that had more to do with luck rather than anything

The people asked & I delivered . It may just bump up the numbers & have abit of fun
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well my scores are in for the main comp. classes. I was hoping to have a go at the side shoots tomorrow but the weather looks like it's going to be total pants. With the wind the way it is at the moment I think I'll need to aim off the whole width of the garden, it'll be a miracle if I hit the target never mind those circle thingies.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Changes

Hi Guys
    We are going to have to change the competition site since we have outgrown it.
    I will be asking Phantom Sniper and Pad E to get in touch but since we DO have to alter it we need guidance about what you want to see and the layout.
    THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN UNTILL THE NEW YEAR.
    Regards
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Thumbs up Chinky cheapo rifle comp!!!

Thanks Paddy, you're a STAR . I just need to get the 6yd rifle bought, mmm, wonder what to get

Thanks again mate

Paul
    Hi Paul have U got your rifle yet!, Ur new comp starts soon, just as a matter of interest what rifles are U all planning to use i've got
    3 cheapo's:: Griffon sidelever spring TDR, Smk Biathlon, & a SLAVIA 631, all 3
    are recoiling springers, i will use the slavia 631 @ 6yd open sights, not yet decided if to enter 10mtr optical, but the Griffon TDR is scoped up?,So what are U all doing Guys n Gals...mike...P/S delighted another comp i can enter cos i can shoot a rifle with 2 hands, cos left arm taking weight resting on my left hip 10mtr style

I'm working out the criteria for this & going to update the website soon enough.

It will take place the same time as the vintage competition.

With the same set up as the vintage i.e 6yd open sights , 10m Optical.

For the basis of rifles, there should be no 'tuned' rifles in addition to the chinese stuff older 'plinking garden' rifles can be submitted. Abit of common sense will know what type of rifles can be used so if you have a HW77 for instance that won't be allowed as they are/were deemed to top notch, just like my AA Camargue I won't be able to enter that one. However I can enter

>This< Chinese rifle another Chinese >Rifle< an older >Crosman Rifle< & may be >THIS< one aswell
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Rifles

I'm working out the criteria for this & going to update the website soon enough.

For the basis of rifles, there should be no 'tuned' rifles in addition to the chinese stuff older 'plinking garden' rifles can be submitted. Abit of common sense will know what type of rifles can be used so if you have a HW77 for instance that won't be allowed as they are/were deemed to top notch, just like my AA Camargue I won't be able to enter that one. However I can enter

>This< Chinese rifle another Chinese >Rifle< an older >Crosman Rifle< & may be >THIS< one aswell
    Question what are Ur Rifles!! i was so dazzled by the colours, i could'nt see what they are??, is it the black & white target, tenring 35mm wide ??...mike...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Hi Paul have U got your rifle yet!, Ur new comp starts soon, just as a matter of interest what rifles are U all planning to use i've got
    3 cheapo's:: Griffon sidelever spring TDR, Smk Biathlon, & a SLAVIA 631, all 3
    are recoiling springers, i will use the slavia 631 @ 6yd open sights, not yet decided if to enter 10mtr optical, but the Griffon TDR is scoped up?,So what are U all doing Guys n Gals...mike...P/S delighted another comp i can enter cos i can shoot a rifle with 2 hands, cos left arm taking weight resting on my left hip 10mtr style
    I've gone and bought myself two SMK SYNXS break barrel rifles. I managed to get them for £50 each, BNIB. They have synthetic stocks in black and are fitted with fibre optic sights. I'm using one of them for the 6yd open sight and the other will be scoped up for the 10mtr. I've got an SMK 3-9 x 32 scope at the moment but I'm looking for a PX adjustable JSR scope as the SMK has trouble focussing at 10mtrs. More likely it's me that has trouble focussing at any distance! The real benefit of these is that having synthetic stocks they are quite light. I'll try and do a review of these at some time, I quite like them.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Paddy, what about the NEWER cheapie (but not-Chi-Com rifles, such as my Baikal?

Seems as though the older cheapies (provided they're pre-1986-older) would be in Vintage.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Seems as though the older cheapies (provided they're pre-1986-older) would be in Vintage.

Jim
    Or, do I just lack common sense?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i hope this goes ahead, ive just bought a bam b4 which would do nicely

all i need now is a vintage and a pcp then i can compete in everything
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Thumbs up Cheapo comp

I've gone and bought myself two SMK SYNXS break barrel rifles. I managed to get them for £50 each, BNIB. They have synthetic stocks in black and are fitted with fibre optic sights. I'm using one of them for the 6yd open sight and the other will be scoped up for the 10mtr. I've got an SMK 3-9 x 32 scope at the moment but I'm looking for a PX adjustable JSR scope as the SMK has trouble focussing at 10mtrs. More likely it's me that has trouble focussing at any distance! The real benefit of these is that having synthetic stocks they are quite light. I'll try and do a review of these at some time, I quite like them.

Paul
    Not heard of those rifles before, look forward to Ur review with
    Piccy's ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    hi Jim yeah your Baikal will be fine I missed out the newer cheapo stuff, however alot of the new cheapo stuff is Chinese

That crosman went out of production early 90s so I couldn't use it for the vintage.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Question Cheapo rifle comp

Can any one please confirm the target for the new comp. Ive downloaded off the "vintage" website, but its B/W instead of the colour 1, and it has a large
    tenring or ten + ten point one centre, is this the 1 for the new comp, and how do we score the tenring, 10 or 10+10.1 ?...mike...