Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Valuation please, Feinwerkbau FWB 124

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Thanks Muskett.

I was a bit concerned about the need for a spring compressor and the delicate looking wings on the safety catch.
    I have a piece of hardwood dowel with small cutouts to accommodate the safety catch 'wings'. It was a bit daunting the first time but as long as the action is held securely in the compressor it's actually quite straightforward. Check out I.J's disassembly photos and make sure you use wire or something like it to tie the safety slide tightly to the trigger block (at least either side of the trigger) as you withdraw it. I use strips of plastic coated garden wire.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I have a piece of hardwood dowel with small cutouts to accommodate the safety catch 'wings'. It was a bit daunting the first time but as long as the action is held securely in the compressor it's actually quite straightforward. Check out I.J's disassembly photos and make sure you use wire or something like it to tie the safety slide tightly to the trigger block (at least either side of the trigger) as you withdraw it. I use strips of plastic coated garden wire.

Your wish is my command. See HERE.

I use a block of wood with a notch cut out between the end cap and compressor to protect the safety catch 'wings' which are so easily broken Ive bought a spare!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

always wanted one of these rifles, perhaps i will one day if one turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal1 View Post
    always wanted one of these rifles, perhaps i will one day if one turns up.
    one got sold at our club on sunday a mk2 sandwell tuned really good nick
    £200 / bargain i thought

Fwb

Thanks for the info. Those photos certainly helped. I found a length of 10mm studing at work so I am off to build a spring compressor.

I thought about fitting a Maccari kit to it but I've seen that Chambers do a spring for about 12 quid so I might just fit one of those first, size the piston washer if needed and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Thanks for the info. Those photos certainly helped. I found a length of 10mm studing at work so I am off to build a spring compressor.

I thought about fitting a Maccari kit to it but I've seen that Chambers do a spring for about 12 quid so I might just fit one of those first, size the piston washer if needed and go from there.
    i prefer the original length springs they ARE hard to get in ( preload ) but in my opinion make the gun a bit smoother and easier to cock than /the more fashionable SHORT STIFF ONES
    and thats how they were designed to work they knew what they were doing i reckon

There is always my stripdown with photo's HERE

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

reassuring.

its great to see on returning to this thread after a week out ,that so many mems have made a large number of positive and constructive replys about this special mark.my affair with this rifle are legendry on the bbs as with others ;it still a bit difficult to deduce what places this fwb in such a unique place ,ive got an idea its somewhere between its undoudted quality of performance and a percentage of nostalgia ,one backing up the other.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,