Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decembers 6yd Rd2 S4 Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Decembers 6yd Rd2 S4 Results

Hi Guys & Gals.

Another good turnout, thanks.

So real good scores & a few new shooters. Alot of talk has been for my spoons , I can safely say though you can have them as I didn't get any

There has been some good banter going & may it continue, isn't that right 'slayer'

The side shoot targets were hard & devious, sorry that a few people found one too hard. First the targets are too big, then there too small. I don't know, it's hard pleasing everyone ain't it . Just you wait & see the next ones . Got to admit I struggled with the Rudolph one, but at least I didn't Kill it >> <<

So without further ado here are the results.

6yd Results / SideShoot / Leader Board

O.k over to you, let the formal discussion commence

Regards
    Paddy.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 20-12-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: to un-sticky as event has passed.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    looking at these results it gets me thinking if getting an all singing all dancing pcp is really worth it.

things like the hw40 seems to be just as accurate with any loss of score being down to shooter rather than gun.

thanks for sorting everything again as usual paddy, it really is appreciated.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    looking at these results it gets me thinking if getting an all singing all dancing pcp is really worth it.

things like the hw40 seems to be just as accurate with any loss of score being down to shooter rather than gun.

thanks for sorting everything again as usual paddy, it really is appreciated.
    Hi Sol. Thanks

That is a very good & solid point you raised.

However a few people would disagree, due to the fact is getting a PCP Pistol to better your shooting, is real an excuse just to get another pistol in another category
    BE-HAPPY-OK

cheers for the hard work Paddy.

Many thanks to Bigbill who saved me from the wooden spoon on my first ever entry.

rudolph did for me in the side shoot

must do some work on my one handed shooting in the coming weeks

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    the fact is getting a PCP Pistol to better your shooting, is real an excuse just to get another pistol in another category
    The PCP is the next excuse down the line for me. Current excuse / Christmas present is a springer!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Thanks a bunch again for all your hard work, it's really appreciated

Great show for you this time, not a single spoon There's hope for the Skiff then

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Yes it is! A Steyr is for life, not just for mere scores.

On a more serious note, I see I'm going to have to pull my finger out. There's some serious competition now with Sol and Eddiekneejerk. MikeB's coming up fast too.

I did wonder about my decision to shoot the HW45 in the spring class this season but how much more satisfying to beat the fancy recoilless match guns with a man's airpistol!
    (Even if it is in the girl's calibre, Nick!)

Oh and thanks again to Paddy.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Thanks Guys. Always a pleasure & yes I'm really happy with the way me & the skif performed this round.

What I've done is a sheet with all the scores put together from highest to lowest, with Names, the pistols used & what type they are.

It's quite interesting >HERE<

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

That's interesting, so next months mission is to get the skif into the top half of that list then

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i know im being an awkward bugger but is there any possibility of doing a target with 5 different targets on from from the 5ring up.

just be easier than checking after every shot to see which part of the hole the pellet went through to make sure.

just an idea, i know id find it helpful, don't know if anyone else would or not.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    There has been some good banter going & may it continue, isn't that right 'slayer'
    Paddy.
    Oh yeah!!!!!

Oooh! Some good, some not quite so good, definitely room for improvement. (I am talking exclusively about my scores here)
    Nice to see some new names at the top.
    Even nicer to see Paddy demolishing the myth that a skif doesn't shoot straight.
    I feel inspired to try harder next time, so look out for falling scores as a result
    Really enjoyed this again and can't wait for the next one.

A big thankyou to Paddy for the organisation, and for putting up with the three pisskateers

THANK YOU

See, that was a big thank you
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    A big thankyou to Paddy for the organisation, and for putting up with the three pisskateers

THANK YOU

I like that, I'm a Pisskateer

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Oh yeah!!!!!

Oooh! Some good, some not quite so good, definitely room for improvement. (I am talking exclusively about my scores here)
    Nice to see some new names at the top.
    Even nicer to see Paddy demolishing the myth that a skif doesn't shoot straight.
    I feel inspired to try harder next time, so look out for falling scores as a result
    Really enjoyed this again and can't wait for the next one.

THANK YOU

Why Thanks Jef

Seriously, It's all good. I'm enjoying this season & feel abit more relaxed when I'm shooting. As said earlier I was more than happy with the skif, just hope it weren't a one off . There are some real good scores now & from new shooters, like as Adam said he feels now he has more competition & has to up his game. Which is good for us all & proves that there is a spirit of pure competition, yet still we can have fun..

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

While I`d like to bask in the glory of how well the C225 shoots I only got an 81 for the Co2 (44+37) not the 91 as given. Still, with practice

Well done to all who shot, some very impressive scores there.

Regards

Mike.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I managed to have a go this time, just wish I could have shot for the first round as well.

I only shot this round because I found 6 yards in my flat by shooting from the lounge, through the hallway, and into the bathroom with the target leaning up the window on a phone book

I was confident of not missing with the Gamo Compact, but I was taking a chance with the Webley Senior and its wobble inducing trigger.
    There was NO chance of using the PX4 with this set up.

It's interesting to see all the scores together, and how different pistols fare.

Cheers to Paddy, and all the other organisers as well.