Quote Originally Posted by Matou View Post
Reason I use .25 sub 12 ft/lb is that when rat-blatting or fragging ferals inside the stores and barns, etc the .25 doesn't have the tendancy to effect a thru and thru wound and pop neat little holes thru the sides of the barn or the asbestos and clear plastic panels in the roof.

Also using .25 Wadcutters invariably means that when I hit them on the rafters they're knocked clean off onto the floor, alternative is clambering around with a dodgy ladder and climbing up to get them down.

Totally agree that non-fac .25's are not generally for long range accuracy, but for clearing rats and ferals inside buildings they're ideal for the job - only comparative tool (IMHO) are .22 shotshells, as they equally won't penetrate the backdrop - but play hell with a rifled barrel, and even with a smoothbore .22 I found some shot bounced around the inside of the moddie like a pinball machine.
I used to use a .25 Supersport years ago with open sights and a pit caplamp on a cutdown safety helmet for the same reasons ..very effective in pig stys at night ,i used Milbro Rhino..which i believe the original BSA barrels were chambered for.