Thread: Logun rifles

Arrow Logun rifles

as anyone got a web link to Logun rifles.
    just how popular are they , dont read much about them on the bbs and also what are your opinions on them please specialy the mk2 and Axsor.
    thanks
    Darren .

Logun

Hope this helps.

David

Thumbs down

I Could Sum Them Up In Several One Word Phrases

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    As I understand things, without actually living in Britain, the Logun Mk II is overpriced with a whole buch of better rifles around for a a lower price.

The Axor is outdated, a very old construction with a origin in the Webley Axor series from around -97..

If you fancy the Axor - then get a "Webley" FX2000 instead or even better - a "Webley" Spectre, superior guns in every aspect.

If you just must spend big money on a supergun, take a look at a Ripley or a Spartan instead of the Logun Mk II.

I think the Logun Axsor is very underated, the bolt mechanism is better than the FX2000's ( which i have owned) its proven reliable and accurate and has the same basic working principles as most modern non-regulated PCP's. The Mk2 has had its fair share of faults when it first came out, the early mk2's were also poor but the latest ones are considerably better. I dont think they are worth the money, but i dont believe a Ripley is , but it doesn't stop people buying them. Most comments on the latest Loguns are very favourable , many people though have been permanently put off by their past problems, which is a shame but in a way Loguns own fault for releasing guns that were not ready for market. A secondhand Mk2 would be a good buy IF its a late one .
    If i was in the market for something £700 plus , i would be looking at an MFR at the moment.
    Ultimately though,I recommend you to go to your local dealer and test one to make your own mind up .

id go for the s-16,i hear they'r quite good
    lots of takedowns

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    id go for the s-16,i hear they'r quite good
    Yeah - funny guy...

Arrow

i'll forget about the mk2 , but still interested in the Axsor , are the logun and webley Axsor the same ?.
    i'm down gradeing from my Rapid 17 mk2 , so i'm not looking for miracles .
    Is the webley Axsor still available and how about the FX200 , what are they like accuracy and reliability also quality control wise .

Darren ...

Darren, I bought a second hand .177 Logun Axsor a few weeks ago and I am very pleased with it. It is just as accurate as my .177 Hornet carbine ( one hole groups at 30 yards ) has a lovely walnut stock, a silky smooth bolt action and a nice long dovetail section behind the magazine to fit a dovetail to weaver adapter for my NV scope.
    Logun and Webley Axsors are different guns and mags are not interchangable.

Steve.
    Weihrauch HW100 - Simmons 6-20x44 mag scope.
    Air Arms S400 .177 Carbine - Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 Scope .
    Reximex Mito S .177 Pistol - Spina 3-9x32 compact scope.

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Is the Webley Axsor still available and how about the FX2000 , what are they like accuracy and reliability also quality control wise .
    The W. Axor is obsolete and the FX2000 is evolved from that construction.

Both theise guns are designed by the same man but builded by different companys. When Webley decided to go along with the new company they lost their right to use the Axor trademark and the old company sold this name to the Loguns instead.

One can say that the L. Axor and the FX2000 both are based upon the old W. Axor but then they have developed in different ways.

I have owned a FX2000 but I traded it for a FX Airguns Cyclone (aka "Webley Spectre"). The W. Axor is rare in Sweden becouse it were a lot more expensive then the FX2000 and almost impossible to find as non-FAC. The L. Axor is only avalible as FAC here so I have never heard of anyone owning one of theise here in Sweden. I can therefor say nothing about the L. Axor, only about the W. Axor and compared to the FX2000 the later one is a much better gun.

IMHO the Cyclone is however better then both of them..

Another option of you want a good, cheap sub 12 ft/lbs PCP is the AA S400/410.

(Phua - a lot of words in english, I will indeed wear out my old dictionary on this board.)

Arrow

cheers Johnny -- thats narrowed it down a little more , i dont like the 400/410 , they are fine rifles just not enough meat on them.
    it'll probably be between the logun Axsor or the FX2000 , i like the stocks on both of these and there overall appearance.
    How reliable are they , any trouble with the mags indexing pellets etc etc .
    Darren ...

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    I shot 9000 pellets with my FX2000 during two years before I traded it it.

Never had any trouble with it.

Know weakness with all guns from FX Airguns are the manometer that tends to break down, causing leaks. Some of the old FX2000 in FAC-form were prone to break their hammerspring due to a heavy preload on them.

Regarding indexing of magazine and the feeding of pellets the gun is easy adjustable for wear.

The tubes are made of aluminium and are not sensitive for moisture.

Modern PCP are often very reliable and this is also the case for the FX2000.

whats the manometer ???

Quote Originally Posted by darren m
    whats the manometer ???
    "Pressure gauge"
    FX2000/RWS Excalibre
    FX Typhoon/Logun Solo
    Stealth 9mm
    Crosman 3540 (9mm)
    Lots of Brococks......
    Springfield 1911 A1 Distinguished Custom .45ACP
    Smith & Wesson 29-2 .44 Rem Magnum
    Smith & Wesson 24-3 3" .44 S&W Special
    And a few hunting rifles....

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Whatever..

I was almost sure it was a English word...