Picked up my scope from BAR the other day.

First impressions when opening the box were the amount of extras that was also contained within it! These included a decent set of 30 mil mounts, a sunshade, large parallax wheel, battery for the IR, decent instructions and a set of allen keys.

Optics are frankly amazingly good for a scope within this price range, and it comes as no surprise that the manufacturer produces optical components for more well known Japanese manufacturers. All of the scopes moving parts operate smoothly with just the right amount of resistance to the touch. Finished in matt black and with the unique "posi click"and "knock safe" target turrets, I look forward to using the optic in the field and to gazing at the scopes party piece, the specially designed reticle. Like many of us who have had in the past had to put up with mill dots the size of a small lemon, this particular picture is refreshingly well designed in my opinion. It is made up of "christmas tree" type graduations at the bottom of the sight picture that I think will be genuinely useful for target bracketing purposes rather than for windage. The actual centre is a "floating" cross that can of course be illuminated to a varying degree as is currently the norm. The difference with this is that the central cross remains fully floating which will allow the target to be observed to a higher degree than is possible normally, again in my opinion. In addition, the small graduational lines represent mill dots @ 10 mag which are fully described within the included manual. The reticle alone was majorly responsible for my buying decision and I am not dissapointed !
Over the decades I have owned many scopes. Ok, I have never had the money to buy a Zeis or a Schmidt, but have possessed numerous"mid range" none super scopes as I suspect have a large proportion of shooters on an only average income!
The Viper represents for me a high quality scope that is even attainable for an average bloke currently on his arse financially as I currently am. However, I have not regreted this purchase and consider it as one of my wisest buys. It most deffinately wont be going the way of its forebearers and end up in part-ex alley. This one is a keeper!
If you are in the market for a high quality none ridiculously priced scope, take a close look at the MTC range. I guarantee that you will be impressed (and no,I dont know Gary Cooper!)
Andy