Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper 4x16x50

would the cost of repair be uneconomic? as labour charges are so high.
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Thumbs up Mtc

My mate has two Vipers and having a look through his was all i needed to want one of my own and should be arriving soon,really looking forward to it.

The time that i have been a member i have never seen Gary or Sammie being unreasonable in any threads and infact seem to bend over backwards to help and keep their customers happy

I say thumbs up to them
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    would the cost of repair be uneconomic? as labour charges are so high.
    Have you not yet figured out who Gary C is

I'd be contacting Gary, oops sorry I mean MTC OPTICS and see what GARY, oops sorry MTC Optics has to say

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma

plenty info here http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/cons...page38311.html
    and under eu law you may well find your purchase has a 2 year warrenty although shops will not divulge this information to you when you buy your chosen product!

I've literally just loaded my MTC Viper 4-16X50 (that I bought before christmas but have been waiting for mounts) onto my .243 and will be on my way to my shoot asap, have bore sighted it and hope I'm not far of the mark.

MTC Viper4x16x50

got one of these on an Air Ranger.22 FAC,Found it to be excellent except when the light just starts to go,then its pack up and go time.I dont know much about scopes, it was on the gun when I bought it.I presume this is the norm for cheaper end scopes??

Ooh yes just spotted 3 years warrenty, noted on first page of user manual, Warrenty still expired.
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

I certainly wouldnt describe MTC scopes as being "cheap",unless you are able to afford four figure price tags ! My Viper does not have a problem when the light levels start to go, well, no more than any other scope I have ever owned or been able to afford.
    Overall, I think this particular brand represents excellent value for money. I can also personally vouch for the first class customer service from MTC. What more could you ask for ?
    Andy

I didnt describe MTC,s as being cheap,Isaid they were in the cheaper end of available scopes.I am not including bargain basement scopes in this description.I would not expect top end performance from this more than adequate scope.I speak only as I find.

i used a tasco 4x40 years ago(wide angle)was fine at picking out woodies in moonlight/trilight but it fared no better or worse when aiming on ground targets in trilight,maybe a big ole nv scope would be better,incidentally it's better to have a low magnification when shooting in low light

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    My mate has two Vipers and having a look through his was all i needed to want one of my own and should be arriving soon,really looking forward to it.

The time that i have been a member i have never seen Gary or Sammie being unreasonable in any threads and infact seem to bend over backwards to help and keep their customers happy

I say thumbs up to them
    Well i have the Viper and it is just superb, well impressed with it, best bit of dosh i spent in ages This is a keeper for sure!!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

MTC Viper 4-16 x 50

I have two of the above scopes and they are excellent, I've never had a problem they are fantastic scopes. I stupidly snapped the hinge on the lens cover and was sent one free of charge next day by Sammie. To me service dosn't get any better !

english bob

after reading all that i am going to get one

You will not be dissapointed in my opinion. Fellow club members who have far more expensive German or American offerings sitting atop their pride and joy have all commented at how good the image quality actually is. Without a doubt the best scope I have ever owned, and believe me, Ive owned a lot over the years !

viper

mine arrived this morning and i must say very impressed with the quality should get to try it out tomorrow
    Rapid mk2 .22 cs800 32flb fac
    Cz455 .22lr
    Cz452 .17 hmr