Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper 4x16x50

Can someone tell me if the parallex is in yards or meters

Thanks
    HW100T .22 hawke 3-9x50 map pro

I just answered this query by mail (muggins here on duty until 9pm )

Thankyou verymuch good to see that you are on your toes lol
    HW100T .22 hawke 3-9x50 map pro

Are these viper scopes marked up for range finding?

They are indeed

You'll not be able to rangefind effectively with a 4-16 scope, the depth of field is too good at any ranges that range-finding becomes important

I find the features on MTC scopes are very good for the money.The only thing that i don't like is the weight,far too heavy!Also other manufacturers like Falcon,their 30mm scopes are weighty too.

Maybe a Mamba Lite will be the way to go.I'm not sure a 30mm tube is needed so long as the glass is good quality.

Try the Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by vizman View Post
    I find the features on MTC scopes are very good for the money.The only thing that i don't like is the weight,far too heavy!Also other manufacturers like Falcon,their 30mm scopes are weighty too.

Maybe a Mamba Lite will be the way to go.I'm not sure a 30mm tube is needed so long as the glass is good quality.

The 30mm Mambas are a lot lighter than the Vipers. I have one on my Daystate and it is definitely a keeper!

Tried my Viper for the first time last night down at BFTO and was impressed with the optics. The reticle could be a little darker for me as lost some of the markers against the targets and had to switch on ir to compensate.

Great scope though, clarity of glass is excellent.
    .177 S400 Carbine
    .22 Theoben Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Roger645 View Post
    Tried my Viper for the first time last night down at BFTO and was impressed with the optics. The reticle could be a little darker for me as lost some of the markers against the targets and had to switch on ir to compensate.

Great scope though, clarity of glass is excellent.
    Mine must just be a Bad'en then!!

Quote Originally Posted by darren eason View Post
    Mine must just be a Bad'en then!!
    Sorry Darren, you have lost me. Have you had a problem then? If so as has been said e-mail the guys at MTC, mine was second hand and I e-mailed them with a question and got a response super fast from Sammie and they seem to have a good reputation on this site.
    Last edited by Roger645; 10-03-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Correction of typo
    .177 S400 Carbine
    .22 Theoben Evolution

DaveK is offline Has been known to tickle spider crabs
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger645 View Post
    Sorry Darren, you have lost me. Have you had a problem then? If so as has been said e-mail the guys at MTC, mine was second hand and I e-mailed them with a question and got a response super fast from Sammie and they seem to have a good reputation on this site.
    Similarly with me. Mine was one of the very early ones and, as expected, MTC couldn't do anything about it. If it had been a later one they would have even though it was second hand. Customer service from Sammi was prompt and friendly. Can't fault the service at all and love the scope.

On saying that maybe someone can answer a question (Gary). The fault on mine is that one of the lenses, probably the objective appears to have condensation marks on the inside but only mainly seen from certain angles. can I get into the back of the lenses to clean them without releasing any gassing inside? It's a niggly problem more than operational and doesn't have any effect on using it.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by foxshooter View Post
    Have you not yet figured out who Gary C is

I'd be contacting Gary, oops sorry I mean MTC OPTICS and see what GARY, oops sorry MTC Optics has to say

Mark
    PMSL....Clearly not mark

Gary does not seem to take many prisoners. I have never met the guy, but he and sammy have always been more than fair and alway given more than I have asked.

The only thing wrong with my Viper is just that....I only have one!!

Actually, I suffered a similar black spot problem (there was something actually growing on the lens...yuck) with another make and they swapped it, no questions (it was a year old too).

If you are reasonable, polite, and dont take the PI55, manufacturers and importers will usually help you....MTC just go the extra mile

I currently have several issues with my hawke scopes. They aint as good as MTCs and I am finding they are a bit bulky and top heavy....and the rets are nothing like as fine....so when I have paid the wife back for my new camera....and bought my next scope from MTC (when they are ready) I am going to have to have a sale and change to mambas on those rifles I dont use on a bipod.

The Viper is a big fellah and is dedicated to my rabbit splatting rig

If I am going to spend an age peering through a scope, then the Viper is the scope for the job.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

DaveK is offline Has been known to tickle spider crabs
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    PMSL....Clearly not mark

If I am going to spend an age peering through a scope, then the Viper is the scope for the job.
    On first read I thought you'd put you were going to spend an age PEEING through the scope. Had to read it twice but it made me chuckle.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    On first read I thought you'd put you were going to spend an age PEEING through the scope. Had to read it twice but it made me chuckle.
    Well if Mr C can take an angle grinder to one, I am going to pee on one!!

God, you would really get something growing on it then

No, I tend to spend a lot of time waiting (kipping) behind the rifle on a pod in the scrub, so I spend a lot of time PEERING through it.

Some scopes would give you real eye strain doing this, not the Viper (in my experience....other models of eyeball may differ)
    I'm a maggot in another life you know