Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Taipan 4-16x50

MTC Taipan 4-16x50

Been looking at and through this today, first impressions are its very nice indeed, obviously based on the Viper, first thing I notice is the finish is so much better, this is more like what you find on really expensive scopes

All controls work smoothly, really like the new shape of turrets and the new way they lock up, the telescopic sunshade sounds a bit funky but it works smoothly and doesnt look like it telescopes, just looks like it has a Butler Creek type of cap but it doesnt

This one has the new type of ret (dont know what its called at moment but will update with pics asap) which has lots of aimpoints without the ladder style of the popular SCB of the Mamba and Viper models (which I am a fan of) but this is less "fussy" yet retains all those aimpoints and the familar floating x hair

The IR has been very nicely updated and works effortlessly with choice of red or green, plus "remembers" what setting it was on when you next use it

Comes with a handy Leupold style cushioned scope protective slip over cover

Not sure of price at moment but either Gary will see this and tell me or I will update when I have used scope properly

Looking through it I am comparing it with a £1500 NF and a Bushnell 3200 which covers fireams and airgun types as the Taipan easily works for either

Back soon
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Where's the bloody 10x42 thats what I want to know Like the sound of that Ret
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Where's the bloody 10x42 thats what I want to know Like the sound of that Ret
    +1 - loved the viper fixed focus

I want to see a fixed power model too, love my Falcon Menace but would love something with aim points between the mildots, less cluttered than the SCB though.

New Reticule

Is it this reticule? >HERE<
    Last edited by tmstech; 31-01-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Broken Link
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Looks good if it is...

hi

nice .
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Was...

...looking trhough one side by side with a Swarovski and a Pecar and I have to say it stood up to them very well. Liked the new ret, not bothered either way on the turrets as long as they do their job but the sun shade bugs me no actual reason other than it just does LOL

Can't comment on the IR as "Catweasel" didn't have a battery in it

Quote Originally Posted by scottyoungsheep View Post
    Looks good if it is...
    That's the one - AMD

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    That's the one - AMD
    So when does the HFT version hit the shops Gary, that Ret looks ideal
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Will be a while Chris, we have 200 AMD and 100 SCB in the Taipans and when they are gone that's going to be it until June. We lose 3 months because of Chinese New Year

Bein after one of these for a while now, but has taken a while for them to come to production...
    comparing it to the viper....
    Is the glass better then the viper, and if so what scope would it compare to?
    Is the ret just as usefull as the viper, or is it better?
    Carnt wait till other modles are avalible

I was using it on my MK3 Daystate today and was very impressed, did the usual turret tests and it passed with no problems returning to exact zero every time, not that I ever dial in on any type of rifle but tested them anyway, I have always used holdover and the AMD is the best I have used yet

I will post some pics tomorrrow

I will be interested to see if the telescopic sunshade holds its position under real recoil later this week, not that it matters
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Price difference isn't as much as i expected it to be, only like 10% more?

Would the 10x44 likely retail around what £165-£170?

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god

AMD reticule

Just received my Taipan from Uttings, must say the new reticule and illumination is simply quite brilliant (Gary, I'll take the fiver when you visit Lardies again )

You should put it on the Vipers and Mambers