Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44 SCB

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_kwiky View Post
    wow thanks for the comments lads, im sure you'll be more than happy with your purchases, i know i am anyway and i really cant see how you wouldnt be.

hellequin, i'll have a look and see what the minim focus distance is tomorrow and report back, i was smacking rats last night with it at about 7 yards but that was with the NV fitted, ive yet to try it so close with just the scope.
    Thanks very much Kwiky, if you could let me know the length of the scope too that'd be great- not an issue on a pcp but a want to put one on a break barrel. Can't see it being that long though...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

We are looking to do upgrade kits. These do not come with sunshade or mounts but by May we should have both available to purchase. Prices will be sensible, ie ML+mounts+sunshade just under Mamba

Thanks for the info Gary. I will definitely be interested in a sunshade for the 3-12 model.

This would have been perfect for my 80 but I need IR for my shoot. Can't have it all!

Quote Originally Posted by foby75 View Post
    This would have been perfect for my 80 but I need IR for my shoot. Can't have it all!
    the normal mamba might well the a better choice then, it has the illuminated ret.

I have one of these & can only agree that they are truly excellent

Mind you I keep drooling over Mrs coopers TAIPAN

Ken

Mr Kwiky,
    You've had your scope for a little while now - is it still impressing you? How does the lite compare to the viper you had in the past regards to the NV add-on and what is the minimum focus with add-on.
    I'm going to order one of these if your comments are favourable - so no pressure

Mark.

excellent scope!

yes, it still impresses me as much as it did, if not more. i tried it side by side with a friends viper 3-12 and to be honest we were both in agreement that the mamba lite had the better sight picture. im not sure if thats because his particular viper is older or what but the mamba was both brighter, and crisper.

i know 2 lads (markyboy and the_caretaker) who both switched to mamba lites from vipers and they say the same.

yes, it still impresses me as much as it did, if not more. i tried it side by side with a friends viper 3-12 and to be honest we were both in agreement that the mamba lite had the better sight picture. im not sure if thats because his particular viper is older or what but the mamba was both brighter, and crisper.

i know 2 lads (markyboy and the_caretaker) who both switched to mamba lites from vipers and they say the same.
    I've always favoured 25mm tubed scopes to 30mm.

My perception is clearer sight picture from 25mm than 30mm tubes, this includes high end models like Luep's etc too. I don't know why this is or if it's just me, but 30mm always appears more noisy (in the clarity) but I will be sticking with 25mm until a side-by-side comparison with the same spec in 30mm actually proves to have an advantage.

I have never required the additional adjustment which can be achieved by the 30mm tubed models, quite why you would want to move the picture even further from centre, I don't know.

I also agree that the new Mamba is clearer than the equivalent Viper model

MTC, take note, please offer more models in 25mm
    Last edited by tmstech; 28-02-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Addition
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Thanks mate - that'll do for me.

mark.

with 30mm tube you only gain more elevation for long range shooting ,i don't think that the sight picture is brighter with 30mm tube,more important is the quality of the glass and front objective diameter for better light collecting .

Got the mamba lite at the show and well happy thanks to your review.

brilliant mate, im glad your happy with it.

i have got a mamba 4-16x44 lite

& it is great, i have used the scope & the mct for about 4 hours & the view is nice & clear.

the crosshair is nice too.