Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44 SCB

hi all,
    I would like to order a Mamba Lite 3-12x44 for HFT , what size of Butler Creek flipups fit the eyepiece and objective ?

thanks
    Peter

you get some flip up covers with the scope mate.

Got mine from opticswarehouse(highly recommend this company) fitted to my .20 rapid and zeroed in this morning. I really like the scb ret and put a fair few shots down the barrel at various ranges, so far so good.
    The main reason i bought this scope though was for it's compatability with NV add-on (cobra merlin), can't wait for tonight to introduce my new combo to the farm rats

Mark.

Quick update, tried this twice now with the merlin and find it to be very good, i would say it's about 20% clearer than the Jap trophy i was using.
    Last edited by mark410; 08-03-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Compatability with HW57

Does anyone know if the smaller version would fit on a HW57? The pop up loading gate and sufficient eye relief are my concerns. I love the SCB ret and have never been able to get one one my favourite little springer.

Many thanks

Carl

Hey, Mr Kwiky - is the house in the photo http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...y/DSCF3922.jpg really 200 yards away?

i got the distance off google earth, ive never paced it out so it could be abit shorter depending on googles accuracy. I'd certainly guess its over 150 yards though.

time for a laser rangefinder methinks
    Last edited by kwiky; 16-03-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kwiky View Post
    i got the distance off google earth, ive never paced it out so it could be abit shorter depending on googles accuracy. I'd certainly guess its over 150 yards though.

time for a laser rangefinder methinks
    Looks more like 35-50yds to me.
    slow is smooth smooth is fast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Reaper View Post
    Looks more like 35-50yds to me.

It will do, its using 3x zoom, so if it looks 50 yards it'll really be 150

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Mark, great review mate, really appreciated.

I was only "enjoying" my Viper the other day, and wishing I had not bought such chunky monkeys for my other rifles.

To be fair, the viper is chunky, but It was bought for a rifle that is used almost exclusively for laying up after rabbits with a bipod, so it is ideal.

The SR6 Hawks I have really make the poor little Huntsman top heavy, so it has a 30/30 Nikon on it at the moment.

This is good, but does not really do the rifle justice.

I also much prefer to use anything that is side PA these days, so the mini mamba is perfect.

Better start creeping to the wife....
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

It will do, its using 3x zoom, so if it looks 50 yards it'll really be 150
    Fair enuf

Your comprehensive review inspired me to buy a s/h MTC Mamba form the forum. So thanks very much.

Great and very helpful review.
    slow is smooth smooth is fast

these sound awesome.

Love me target turrets on my viper, wonder if theirs a viper lite..ish in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by The_Caretaker View Post
    And i got mine for £134 posted from Optics Wharehouse
    you didnt pay any VAT???

The price includes VAT & if I remember correctly shipping too.........bargain of the century

Just to recap the lite has a 25mm tube, 44mm objective, 21 oz weight or 600g if you prefer. No illumination nor mounts but does have MTC's brilliant flip up covers.

Although I believe it has the same glass as it's big brother, to my eyes the optics seem even clearer!

It's silly I know but the only thing I'd change with this 'scope is the Mamba Lite logo on the side focus wheel. Looks a bit low rent in comparison with the build quality of the scope & "lite" is so mid atlantic!

ATB

Ken
    Last edited by Kyoto; 27-03-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    .......Although I believe it has the same glass as it's big brother, to my eyes the optics seem even clearer!......

ATB

Ken

I'm of the exact same oppinion, I've had mine alongside a 3-12x viper, and a 4-16x mamba and to me, and the owners of the other scopes, the Mamba Lite gave the better sight picture

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    brilliant mate, im glad your happy with it.
    For what it's worth....

Just picked up a new 3-12x44 lite from MTC.

Got it the next day and popped it onto the huntsman.

I have yet to get out and test it, but the balance is as it was with the nikon (which was nice) but I now have a brighter, sharper, much closer paralaxing scope with a meaningful ret that means I will now take it hunting and use it to it's full potential.

perfec, no point in saying much else as Mr kwicky has already done a great job, except that I compared the image against my nearly new hawk sidwinder 30 (SR6).

The hawk (which was significantly more expensive, has a 30mm tube, and weighs a ton) has some really iffy fringeing issues.....the little mamba does not....ergo, the hawks will all be going sooner rather than later (apart from the big noisy one living in the garden).

There is an interesting review by Jim in the new mag on the lites. Had I not already been convinced I would have bought one anyway.

Seriously functional value that does what it should, and does it well IMHO

Cheers Gary and Sammy

I love the big viper on my rabitting rifle, so it was an obvious choice.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know