Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44 SCB

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Typo
    Thanks Gary. Wish I had known as I would have gone for the 4-16

Oh well when I get the Mk4...

Quote Originally Posted by subaru swift View Post
    hi pod my 4-16x '44' objective is on the photos & the daystate owners photos too .

Mine came from daystate & they fitted it too for me.

Thanks

no worries pod mate, if you want any more photos of the scope let me know but i will not be back home till wed....

i bought a lite about 4 weeks ago and am happy with it except for one thing which i only found out tonight via uttings,and that is the mamba lite according to uttings website is NOT waterproof or fogproof,if this is the case i find it strange that the mtc cobra scopes are and yet the mamba lite which cost's 3 times more is'nt!

"Price aside, is this scope better than the Bushnell Legend? I'm torn between the two"

The SCB reticle is superb and for this reason I'm very happy with my Mamba Lite. For clarity of optics though for me the Bushnell is the winner. As are many of the AGS/Leapers in the same price range for that matter. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    i bought a lite about 4 weeks ago and am happy with it except for one thing which i only found out tonight via uttings,and that is the mamba lite according to uttings website is NOT waterproof or fogproof,if this is the case i find it strange that the mtc cobra scopes are and yet the mamba lite which cost's 3 times more is'nt!

i allways thought they were waterproof & fogproof so ive just had a quike check on the MTC website and allthough i cudnt find anything specificly for the lite the normal mamba is waterproof & fogproof so i wud have thought the lite version is too

Quote Originally Posted by LANKY MK View Post
    i allways thought they were waterproof & fogproof so ive just had a quike check on the MTC website and allthough i cudnt find anything specificly for the lite the normal mamba is waterproof & fogproof so i wud have thought the lite version is too
    i could'nt find anything on the mtc site when i was looking to buy one so i assumed they were water/fog proof like the standard mamba's but according to uttings out of all the mtc scopes the mamba lites are NOT water/fog proof,if that is the case i would now view my 'lite' as being rather pricey

I reckon that's an error on Uttings part. I've had my Lite well and truely soaked and used in some mad old weather conditions, if it wasn't waterproof/fogproof then I'd expected to have noticed by now.

Can Gary clear up this water proof / fogproof debate please (before the speculators arrive)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kwiky View Post
    I reckon that's an error on Uttings part. I've had my Lite well and truely soaked and used in some mad old weather conditions, if it wasn't waterproof/fogproof then I'd expected to have noticed by now.
    i don't think it will make much difference to me personally as i doubt i'll be taking it out in the rain anyway but i would have thought for £160 it would be water/fog proof unless as has been said it's a mistake on uttings website!

Yes they are water and fog proof, although not for immersion in water obviously because they are moisture not pressure seals

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Yes they are water and fog proof, although not for immersion in water obviously because they are moisture not pressure seals
    Cheers Gary

Quote Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
    Cheers Gary
    2nd that

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad

MTC mamba lite

I have just ordered one of these myself in 3-12x44 spec. I sold my Falcon Menace, to fund it, having see kwikys hunting experiences with his mamba lite. It will complement my hunting set up perfectly.

ATB Ian

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Apart from the comments so far....

I have bought these scopes to replace the substantially larger and heavier hawke SR6 Nighteye scopes I had on 2 of my springers and the Huntsman.

It was really down to an article by Jim Tyler about bigger not always being better, it made sense, so I flogged the SR6s and some other odds and sods and re-scoped.

The difference was most marked with the huntsman as it is a very light rifle to start with, so anything lumpy on the roof makes a real difference to balance, ideal.

The springers were ideal too (TX and PS) as it allowed me to drop the scopes much closer to the action, which makes sense as I dont shoot the springers anywhere near as far as the PCPs (Viper).

They really are nice little scopes, bright, and the SCB ret is very good, particular for fairly long range .177

You only just cover a pellet hole at 35 with the cross hairs, so it makes potentially for a much tighter group at 35+ 10x.

The thing is that the side focus is pretty well default accross the range also, a feature without which I would not really consider buying a scope since my first Viper.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

great reading there MTC sell some great scopes