Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hawk 10x42 tactical (First Impression)

ive got mine set at 25yards too. its blurry at 8yards but still shootable. going milky at 45yards so that helps me know the range too. great scope for the money. as ive already said, i dont really get parralax error. must have the cheek piece in right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Petervw View Post
    mine is set just a bit under the 25 mark, I would say 22 or 20
    when I adjust it to get better view on the close ones I can't find the hitzone on the long ones
    maybe its me ...

Peter

Thats abit differant to me since i get a good clear (enough) view to targets out to 55+, ive bracketed targets out to 60 yards on our FT course and could see the killzone with only slight bluryness (which is nice)

Maybe its your eyes being differant to mine or maybe your scope hasnt got as good glass as mine (it can happen with identical scopes)

Mark
    Air Arms MPR + GINB FT1 + VIPER 10X44
    WALTHER LGU + VIPER 10X44

I'll measure the really clear zone tomorrow, aswell as the blurry zone as the don't see s... zone
    its probably me , that is what my wife says too

Peter

who knows. its only slightly milky. enough to know. have to have eye piece fully in to see ret clear.

just tested a bit
    at 25 I can see targets clear up to 60 yards, so no need for that
    I tried to go as far as I could and get blurry but ok sight on 45 yards on a 40 mm target which has been shot many times (and missed too )
    on the wheel about 20 or less I think, but who cares what the wheel says
    then I put up a 15 mm target at 7 meters (a bit less than 8 yards) and could see the hitzone as blurry as the far one
    really clear view from 11 to 32 yards(10 to 30 meters)
    I tried adjusting the eyepiece but that just moved the clear zone so I had to adjust the sidewheel again, it didn't give better dov
    do these results look normal ?
    maybe I'm just spoiled shooting FT for a couple of years
    I'm wel aware the clear/blurry part is very usefull for rangefinding so I'll give it a go with these settings

Peter

Hi everyone i am looking fo info on sidewinder tac 30 has any one owned or used one !!!!! cheers

I have fitted the 10x42 to my rifle. I find head position is crucial as I either have a clear picture or no picture. A slight move of the head and I can see nothing.

When I have a clear image through the cross hairs I don;t get a really sharp edge to the picture. The bottom half of the circular picture has a very sharp edge but the top doesn't. I have tried all sorts of head positions, but I can't ever get a perfectly defined circle all the way round the image.

Is this just me poor eyesight, or do others experience this too. I don't get it with my Viper or Mamba.

Other than that I like it. Good depth of field as everyone has said.
    AA S510SL .177, Daystate Airwolf .177, Daystate Platinum .177

do you have adjustable cheek piece and but pad? this makes a bid difference with getting a good head position behind the scope. it worked for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    do you have adjustable cheek piece and but pad? this makes a bid difference with getting a good head position behind the scope. it worked for me anyway.
    Hi,

Yes I have both, but I just can't seem to find a position where I see a complete crisp circle. It doesn't appear to affect the accuracy though so I guess I should stop worrying.
    AA S510SL .177, Daystate Airwolf .177, Daystate Platinum .177