Thread: Sightron SII 3-9x42

Sightron SII 3-9x42

Got one of these delivered from the states today from 4scopes.com. Best bit of optical kit I've bought in a long time. Better than any leup and easily comparable with a Zeiss. Paid £220 which included delivery by FedEx and didn't get stung for tax either.
    I've seen these go in the UK for £275-£375.
    This isn't really a review but I would suggest others taking a closer look at these scopes they really are that good, the clarity is something else especially for this kind of money-Jap optics.

I have a sightron s11, 6x42 on my Quad.

Optics are great but both turret knob dials came off and got lost while zeroing in freezing weather. I emailed the supplier (Midway UK) saying I like the scope and would rather not return it, could they arrange replacement dials for me to fit as the originals were held on with two very small dabs of adhesive.

That email was sent on 26/02 - no reply as yet.
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
    I have a sightron s11, 6x42 on my Quad.

Optics are great but both turret knob dials came off and got lost while zeroing in freezing weather. I emailed the supplier (Midway UK) saying I like the scope and would rather not return it, could they arrange replacement dials for me to fit as the originals were held on with two very small dabs of adhesive.

That email was sent on 26/02 - no reply as yet.
    I've dealt with 4scopes.com in the states and not sure how the warranty works, but if yours is still covered they may be able to deal with you. Joel's your man there.

How did your dials fall off as mine is bullet proof and comparable in build to a Zeiss?

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    I've dealt with 4scopes.com in the states and not sure how the warranty works, but if yours is still covered they may be able to deal with you. Joel's your man there.

How did your dials fall off as mine is bullet proof and comparable in build to a Zeiss?
    I have a habit of tapping the turrets after any adjustments are made to settle the tube. I can only assume the adhesive fails or becomes to brittle in freezing conditions.

Seems sightron can't be bothered answerring Emails either now.
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    I believe there is a company called AIM who are now importing these scopes into the UK. hey had a stand at the recent shooting show in Newark.

Thought so. Now Sole UK Importer.

Can be found at:

http://www.aimfieldsports.com/

Was looking through their fixed 16x42 at Newark. I was quite impressed.

Thanks engin, this don't look very good for Sightron Optics nor Midway UK, neither will reply to my emails about the turret dials or replacement scope, Bought last November.

That shop dont even list the S116x42! Sounding a bit dodgy now.

Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
    Thanks engin, this don't look very good for Sightron Optics nor Midway UK, neither will reply to my emails about the turret dials or replacement scope, Bought last November.

That shop dont even list the S116x42! Sounding a bit dodgy now.
    Try 4scopes.com in the US. They more or less favour Sightron over anything else. I'm sure they'll help. Tell them you bought the scope when you were out there.
    http://4scopes.com/