Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over powder wads in pistols

http://www.curtrich.com/BPConversionSheet.htm

And kindly remove my name from your post
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Well there's a contradiction. B/P and substitutes are NEVER weighed, they are used by volume.

Listen Ted, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you over this, but, I really think you need to re-think. Perhaps you don't realise, but you are very well known on a number of forums and I also know a couple of blokes that are in your club. Everyone says you're a nice bloke, good company but a little dogmatic. Which is what I believe you are being now.
    I weigh all my B and BP sub loads. So do the majority of ML shooters I know. There's a very good vol to weight conversion chart available. To say chargees are NEVER weighed is quite wrong.

I have been shooting Black powder guns for 30 years with various clubs and have never weighed my powder or known anyone else to do so; currently, I use plastic vials to hold my charges, all the other club members use powder flasks.
    Last edited by bryantanthonydp; 14-03-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Although volume is good enough for me, if it was critical to get identical charges, then weighing would clearly have an advantage over volume batching wouldn't it.