Thread: HW85 information please lads (and any lasses)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveuk View Post
    ...dont get me wrong, i'm in no doubt about Weihrauch rifles but i am HEAVILY biased to the HW80 so its good to know the 85 is also a great rifle.
    Hi Dave,

I had an 80 at the time too, always picked up the 85 first ...from what I can remember, the 85 was marketed as the lighter version of the 80??...maybe wrong though
    blah blah

Thanks Dave, now i AM looking forward to getting the rifle.
    You ARE right, the 85 was marketed as a lightweight alternative to the 80. it was a toss up between the two when i bought my 80 and the deciding factor was incase i ever decided to FAC it as at the time my Dad had an FAC as we were avid handgun shooters.

i paid £130 for that HW80K when i was only earning £2 an hour working at weekend mornings at a pub as a 14year old lad. the scope i put on it at the time was a tasco world class 3-9x40 that now sits on my HW77K and that cost me £100. every penny i earnt at that age went on shooting. i only found my more expensive interests (women) when i was much older. lol. (ps dont tell Rachel i said that, she'd cut them off)

i know i went off topic then but hey, collectors corner, nostalgia and all that.