Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ELEY WASP ... what is the story?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    sorry to bring up an old thread but can edbear please empty your inbox

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteebs View Post
    above
    Is it full of Eley Wasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    sorry to bring up an old thread but can edbear please empty your inbox

Is it full of Eley Wasp?
    i dont know its not my thread

When I have fired Wasps (Bisley made) and Eley Wasp I found up to a 2ft/lb difference in power output in favour of the genuine Eley Wasp. I have Eley Wasps for my 1907 to 1938 Bsa rifle collection, also find that new BSA Pylarm pellets are excellent in .22 BSA Standards.

I posted this in the BSA owners group pellet form. Figured it fits in well with this thread.

Hello all. I have just weighed about 20 Eley Wasp .22 pellets. I now know why I got such high results from chrono'ing them. They are no where near the weight listed in the data bases I have found!!

I measured 13.6 gains!! Which is significantly less than the 14.5 listed in most data bases. Have they changed or do I have a weird tin or something? I will also say they were all over the boards too, +/- 0.4 grains. This definitely confirms the terrible consistency I saw from both the chrono & paper groups.

Anybody else find similar results?
    BSA XL Tactical .22

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
    I posted this in the BSA owners group pellet form. Figured it fits in well with this thread.

Hello all. I have just weighed about 20 Eley Wasp .22 pellets. I now know why I got such high results from chrono'ing them. They are no where near the weight listed in the data bases I have found!!

I measured 13.6 gains!! Which is significantly less than the 14.5 listed in most data bases. Have they changed or do I have a weird tin or something? I will also say they were all over the boards too, +/- 0.4 grains. This definitely confirms the terrible consistency I saw from both the chrono & paper groups.

Anybody else find similar results?
    did you buy them new? are they definately eley pellets? not just wasps?