Thread: BSA light pattern

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella

BSA light pattern

Picked one of these up from Nik on Canvey the other day, got it stripped & rebuilt with new washer. Bluing pretty good & mechanically just about perfect with little wear & a perfect bore i gave it a test out this afternoon. At ten yards the first two shots went through the same hole the third 1/4" away, after that it went slightly downhill but its a real tackdriver.
    After the big Standards feels very light but great fun to shoot!

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Keith, I agree with your assessment 100%!.......I have 3 rifles that I seem to use more than any others, a 45" .22, a Imp D .177, and a Light model that really is my missus's gun, As you say, the smaller gun feels tiny after putting down a big'un, but I have found that every L model I have tried has been a super close up (say 6-20 yards) accurate gun, and they are easier on the old elbows as well......I normally give my new arrivals a really careful bore clean, and find they need 40-50 shots to sort themselves out group wise...best pellet overall IMHO, (in mine anyway) seems to be air arms field in 4.52, Hobbys/finale match/r10's (all flat heads) all seem to go really well at close ranges too, and obviously are better for paper punching due to the neater holes they make.