Thread: CO2 Explosive Torpedoes?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

CO2 Explosive Torpedoes?

Does anyone remember that massive fullbore CO2 gun from the Phillipines which shoots 9mm or .38 or .45 and has the option of 'torpedoes' filled with TNT? The article mentioned that the torpedoes were for killing buffalo, but I cannot believe that a government would allow the sale of projectiles filled with H.E. to its civil population. What about if you missed or the projectile was lost, unexploded?

Anyone remember the story? I think the gun was made largely of brass, and was relatively unsophisticated, although very powerful.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    You've been smoking HOBNOBS again haven't you Alistair

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    You've been smoking HOBNOBS again haven't you Alistair

Pete
    Hi Pete, I have eaten a big packet of chocolate digestives that I got in the Pound shop, they might be out of date.

But I am sure that I read about this gun somewhere? An American in America ordered it, it was pretty crude (think home-made looking) but a monster for power.

How is your back? Better I hope. And the Hillman Imp? I nearly bid on an Austin Maxi the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hi Pete, I have eaten a big packet of chocolate digestives that I got in the Pound shop, they might be out of date.

But I am sure that I read about this gun somewhere? An American in America ordered it, it was pretty crude (think home-made looking) but a monster for power.

How is your back? Better I hope. And the Hillman Imp? I nearly bid on an Austin Maxi the other day!
    The backs still bad as usual, just put up with it now, the Imp had a petrol leak and court fire about 2 years ago, I now own a mk2 Fiesta much better for reliability, I had a 1750 auto Maxi once, used to go through points every week and fuel like there was no tomorrow, but fold all the seats down and you've got a double bed, me and my mate used to laugh ourself stupid on the way too work when we used to look in Debenhams window when we passed, built like a tank tho..

Hows life at your end?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The backs still bad as usual, just put up with it now, the Imp had a petrol leak and court fire about 2 years ago, I now own a mk2 Fiesta much better for reliability, I had a 1750 auto Maxi once, used to go through points every week and fuel like there was no tomorrow, but fold all the seats down and you've got a double bed, me and my mate used to laugh ourself stupid on the way too work when we used to look in Debenhams window when we passed, built like a tank tho..

Hows life at your end?

Cheers

Pete
    Imps on Fire! Exciting times. Remember being v.jealous of my mates Fiesta XR2, it was the hot hatch of the moment in 19... something! I am finishing up work in Northern Ireland and back to Lunnen at Easter, been a long trip. No car ever duplicated the Maxi Divan, not even french ones ... Going to do some HFT with your ProSport when I get back, unless I can get one of the FWB Sports to the same performance level ..

atb

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Imps on Fire! Exciting times. Remember being v.jealous of my mates Fiesta XR2, it was the hot hatch of the moment in 19... something! I am finishing up work in Northern Ireland and back to Lunnen at Easter, been a long trip. No car ever duplicated the Maxi Divan, not even french ones ... Going to do some HFT with your ProSport when I get back, unless I can get one of the FWB Sports to the same performance level ..

atb

Alistair
    Yep indeedee, the little metal pipe that should have been fixed into the fuel pump came out and pi**ed fuel all over the exhaust thus catching light anything that could melt in the engine bay DID, my Fiesta's just a lowly 1.1 Ghia, so, slow but comfy, all the best with my old Prosport, I will defo have to get another one day.

Pete