Thread: Leica LRF900 (scan)

Thumbs up Leica LRF900 (scan)

Leica LRF900 (scan)

(purchased 2nd hand from a BBS member - I think he will regret the sale !!!)

I would say to anyone else now....Do not bother with the cheaper versions. This will do exactly what you want when stalking or in the high seat....Rangefind - off bushes and trees and maybe when lucky a deer !!

I have tested off trees and bushes and easily return solid readings to around 500 yards. I managed 860 off a building in the City but don't have the right calibre to shoot tower blocks !!!

I have also taken very good readings off rabbits from 80 to around 160 yards.

In good light the quality of the Leica glass and 7x mag almosts makes it a back up set of bins but with only a small than required FOV.

Works perfectly in very low light too when the red display really comes into it's own !!!

It is simple and that is all you need - Rangefind and maybe scan...Who has time for more when in the field.

A cracking piece of kit.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

I've got a pair of Geovids that I use when out shooting with the HMR, allows me to dial in very accurate elevation for those longer range shots.

i had some geovids with range finder built in.i also have a gun tuff range finder
    which ranges from 10 to 400 yards very very accurately.i had no idea how accurate it was untill i got my geovids.i took them out together one day to compare them.the results very unbelieveable.there was onlt +/- 1 yard in them at ranges out to 150 yards.dont get me wrong quality is miles apart but for a cheap range finder the gun tuff can't be beat at the price.i sold the geovids as they were far too heavy.i do miss the quality optics though.

Leica LRF900 (scan)
    I just got one of these and can confirm that it is a cracking piece of kit and acts as a good little monocular also

Metoo

As above just purchased the same thing managed 957 off of a tree, 860 off of a cow and 247 off of a roe buck, stupidly clear optics. certainly won't regret getting one of these.

jamie G ROBBED MINE OFF ME

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    jamie G ROBBED MINE OFF ME
    bet you wish you never sold it me now cracking bit of kit''' it ranges lightning fast

took my sisters lad out shooting the other day and he was messing about pinging different things even at long range with ease.
    the optics are superb and super clear

Please forgive my ignorance but do these things range bunnies between 20 and 100yds. If this is a really silly question I apologise but I am trying to find something to improve my range-finding while out with my .22LR

Kind regards
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance but do these things range bunnies between 20 and 100yds. If this is a really silly question I apologise but I am trying to find something to improve my range-finding while out with my .22LR

Kind regards
    Bob
    with ease mate

Quote Originally Posted by jamie g View Post
    with ease mate
    Many thanks for that Jamie.

All the best
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.