Thread: Leica LRF900 (scan)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Leica LRF900 (scan)

Leica LRF900 (scan)

(purchased 2nd hand from a BBS member - I think he will regret the sale !!!)

I would say to anyone else now....Do not bother with the cheaper versions. This will do exactly what you want when stalking or in the high seat....Rangefind - off bushes and trees and maybe when lucky a deer !!

I have tested off trees and bushes and easily return solid readings to around 500 yards. I managed 860 off a building in the City but don't have the right calibre to shoot tower blocks !!!

I have also taken very good readings off rabbits from 80 to around 160 yards.

In good light the quality of the Leica glass and 7x mag almosts makes it a back up set of bins but with only a small than required FOV.

Works perfectly in very low light too when the red display really comes into it's own !!!

It is simple and that is all you need - Rangefind and maybe scan...Who has time for more when in the field.

A cracking piece of kit.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

I've got a pair of Geovids that I use when out shooting with the HMR, allows me to dial in very accurate elevation for those longer range shots.

i had some geovids with range finder built in.i also have a gun tuff range finder
    which ranges from 10 to 400 yards very very accurately.i had no idea how accurate it was untill i got my geovids.i took them out together one day to compare them.the results very unbelieveable.there was onlt +/- 1 yard in them at ranges out to 150 yards.dont get me wrong quality is miles apart but for a cheap range finder the gun tuff can't be beat at the price.i sold the geovids as they were far too heavy.i do miss the quality optics though.

Leica LRF900 (scan)
    I just got one of these and can confirm that it is a cracking piece of kit and acts as a good little monocular also

Metoo

As above just purchased the same thing managed 957 off of a tree, 860 off of a cow and 247 off of a roe buck, stupidly clear optics. certainly won't regret getting one of these.

jamie G ROBBED MINE OFF ME