Thread: Rohm Twinmaster Trainer Combat Rifle (TCR)

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Rohm Twinmaster Trainer Combat Rifle (TCR)

I've only had this since early this week, but have used over a tin of pellets and a fair few co2 capsules and I've gotta tell someone about it!

Rohm, as we all know, make co2 and pcp target type pistols. I've always liked the styling of the trainer pistol, but had never justified getting one to myself. Last week, while checking the sales section, I saw an ad for "pistols for sale" and had a peek. The Rohm TCR was listed with a photo, I had a look and bought it immediately. I could find very little on t'interweb about it except that it was released about 5/6 years ago and then disappeared without a trace.

Anyway, it arrived, boxed and lovely and it became apparent it was a twinmaster trainer in a party frock with matching accessories. It feels very substantial and well made, which was a pleasant surprise. It kinda looks like an AR 15 typathing with the handle/open sights making it a bit front heavy in its style. The stock is metal and plastic and adjustable for length from "midget" to "midget with no arms". The open sights are ok, but the combat style peephole was just no good with such a wide front post, so off that came and a JSR holographic reflex sight went on in its place. The front handle has stayed in the box too, no need and it looks odd! Across the chrono it was doing about 3.8ft/lb, ok for paper, but I have some beer cans that need attention, so power was upped to just over 5 ft/lb without too much adverse effect of double action or too many shots lost from a capsule.

Taking it to my 10m in/outdoor range (it's half in a polytunnel) I set it up for a 8 shot group in single action and adjusted the reflex sight accordingly. It makes single hole groups easily at this range, fantastic!

With the power adjusted, the double action is a little heavier, but lets off so predictably that good fast groups are possible. Single action is unchanged and the trigger is nice, light and crisp.

I now have 6x 8 shot mags and its becoming an expensive habit, I can put all 48 shots into a can in under 30 seconds, although this does mean adjusting the poa to allow for power drop off.

Anyway, I can't think why something so good never sold, but I'm glad I found it!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

rohm

glad you like it so much and thanks for a smooth transaction.
    ATB
    lee

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    From memory these are based on the Twinmaster trainer CO2 pistols and I did'nt think these were readily tweakable for power, so just out of interest how did you up yours..?
    (so to speak...)

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    From memory these are based on the Twinmaster trainer CO2 pistols and I did'nt think these were readily tweakable for power, so just out of interest how did you up yours..?
    (so to speak...)
    Just increase the tension of the hammer spring using M5 washers, a pin and ingenuity!
    God rest ye jelly mental men