Thread: Edgar Brothers Opti-Mate x50

Edgar Brothers Opti-Mate x50

Hi all, ive been offered an Edgar Brothers Opti-Mate x50 for 65quid to go on a springer hw97k

its a long scope and will pretty much sit above the chamber where i need to put the pellets in, giving me a small space from the sides to put them in, luckily i have small fingers - was thinking of getting a higher mount kit anyway

Can anyone recommend this scope and will it be ok with the recoil you get from a springer over a long period of time?

Many Thanks

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    This isn't a scope review, so moved from the scope review section, to the general section. FWIW however, the E-B Optimate is a great scope, but imo, if mounting to a Springer (esp if in .177), I only ever use a Dampa Mount, as the extra £15 said mount may cost, could realistically save you the value of the scope in long-term . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    This isn't a scope review, so moved from the scope review section, to the general section. FWIW however, the E-B Optimate is a great scope, but imo, if mounting to a Springer (esp if in .177), I only ever use a Dampa Mount, as the extra £15 said mount may cost, could realistically save you the value of the scope in long-term . Atb: G.
    thanks ever so much, ended up buying it - the focus ring with the 10m, 15m, 30m etc fell off after a few shots, so had to glue it back in place, the actual focus wheel is fine tho, it was just the ring with said ranges that came off - the optics are good tho. yea i mounted it on a .177 hw 97k and im getting far better groups already.

Had one for quite a while on a TX200 with no ill effects to the scope.
    Still sits on my shelf. Great optics, but needed more than the 30/30 ret it has.