Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who has the biggest

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    Firstly, who cares, and secondly, it's quality not quantity that counts.
    Correct.
    Im pleased to say that I have a few 'one offs' and prototypes in my collection including a gas ram prototype Webley Omega and a Vulcan, a one-off (?) BSF mod 65, a factory left hooker Pro Sports, a rare (1 of 30?) Sharp Pan Target plus a few other rare rifles including Vixens, Victory, Hamerlli, BSFs, Walthers, limited edition HW35s and not a Relum in sight!
    Most of these rifles were aquired several years ago pre BBS and internet when access to collectable guns wasn't as easy and bargains could still be found hiding in the corner of many local gun shops.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by MRVEG View Post

Blimey, Gareth! Have you got an extension built on the house for that lot? Makes my collection look positively mediocre and insignificant.
    Not at all matey, as have just had to edit my original post, as I have just seen that I wrote 37 more than me, instead of 376 more than me. Oops . Have edited the quote on your post, too . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Wink I need a bigger wardrobe...

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Not at all matey, as have just had to edit my original post, as I have just seen that I wrote 37 more than me, instead of 376 more than me. Oops . Have edited the quote on your post, too . Atb: G.
    Oh dear.... I didn't feel too bad when I saw Gareths post but now I feel a wee bit conscious of having an obscure strain of kleptomania....
    Like IJ I'm happy to have a good range of *oddball* pieces that aren't often seen. I can see Troubleshooters point that less can be more, but at the same time I enjoy taking mine out and the sheer variety that this provides. -Ask the lot at my local HFT club! They've introduecd a whole new section they've appropriately titled "Bayonet Class" for me where I shoot the course with open sights.....

....generally because most of the guns have no scope rail...
    I started with the Diana 46 Stutzen, missed a bronze badge in the Midlands Hunter Series by *1* point with an Original 35S and have since used a Webley MkII service, Webley Mk3, 1906 Lincoln and last week a Haenel VIE. Somewhat incredulously I still beat a couple of people

The big difficulty is deciding what to use. I found a selection of ping pong balls with numbers on (aka lottery style) and an industrial sized tumble dryer works rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I reckon he's the winner
    Told ya... but I know a man with 300 top draw but far too modest to say so on here

My point is - be there 5 or 500, as long as the guns are yours, be they Relums or custom one off and as long as YOU get that certain buzz out of handling, owning and shooting them then what difference does it make how many 'floats ur boat'.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

be they Relums or ...
    ... Steady on there.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    My point is - be there 5 or 500, as long as the guns are yours, be they Relums or custom one off and as long as YOU get that certain buzz out of handling, owning and shooting them then what difference does it make how many 'floats ur boat'.

ATB
    Ian
    DITTO. Well put Ian!

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

well said ian the best feeling is when u can shoot and injoy them.
    if i shot one gun a week ill probly be dead and still be counting...
    regards jay